whats the wierdest bait you've caught a fish on

***Simon***

CHEWING GUM AND LOO ROLL FOR RUD.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the weirdest of baits but maybe not commonly used when fishing for Sea Trout.

When fishing from a beach, Dornoch, Cromarty and Moray firths are my locals, I get great success fishing a string of Mackerel feathers tied to a 10oz lead and held just where the waves break by holding the rod tip straight up sky wards when standing at the waters edge. Best fished as tide starts to come in, stepping back toward the shore when water starts to encroach. The fish hit hard and its not uncommon to hook more than one fish at a time.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Wild Angler

I’ve used this method when fishing from steep rocks near Portmahomack and Tarbat Ness off the Easter Ross coast and have also caught Coallies and Pollack using this method.

It's amazing what some guys will do when desperate or bored ! :D

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Wild Angler

• 2 weeks later...

Fished West Bexington a few years back.We were catching loads of Whitting on rag tiped with squid.

After about 5 hours we ran out of bait.So I cut a baby wipe into strips and put them on the hook.

We caught more whitting :D

Must have been the oil scent in the wipes :rolleyes:

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Wrasse and bream go mad for baby hot-dogs in Croatia. (The only bait I could nick from the breakfast buffet).

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

When I was a very young lad I once caught a very small whitting on a lug worm dipped in pilchard oil.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Guest jay_con

You were obviously never taught the method with a syringe then sam. Plus if its whiting your after id opt for cod liver oil.

lol.,I can still remember sausage fingered old man on me dads boat trying to inject lug worms with pilchard oil, normally with it being bitterly cold they would miss and prick their fingers.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.