Countryside Alliance and FACT in the dock.

trent.barbeler

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trent.barbeler:

I have in front of me, a membership application form from the Countryside Alliance received two days ago. It came from the Wessex Regional Recruiter for the CA in the form of a colour pamphlet professionally embellished with all the relevant info inside.

The standard "individual" "single" CA membership costs £45 a year. Four and a bit times the amount for SAA membership at a tenner! Blimey. CA membership isn’t cheap. But what do you get for your 45 quid?

1, Free subscription to the CA quarterly colour newsletter "Campaign Update" including "events update".

2,Comprehensive insurance package.

a, £5 million public liability insurance.

b, £5 million products liability insurance.

c, £30,000 personal accident disability.

d, £15,000 accidental death cover.

3, Invitations to events and gatherings.

held regionally for members only.

4, Weekly email news updates (optional)

5, Members only car sticker and badge.

6, Dedicated insurance hotline.

7, Free 24 hr general advice hotline.

8, Free legal advice hotline.

9, Right to Vote on annual board elections.

10, Special negotiated discounts on a range of products and services.

Blooming heck!! That’s quite a lot for your £45. Don't forget they also have a very professionally run website that is updated daily.

Now this thread "IS" about the Countryside Alliance and FACT being in the "dock".

What does FACT offer that compares to the CA package? Come to that, what does any of the orgs in FACT offer their members????? Can any of them begin to touch the Countryside Alliance in terms of their membership packages???

Come on Peter.  Don't tell me you can't answer the above???  I know its a pearler but try at least?

Regards,

Lee.

Seemingly a small Price to pay - a mere snip, these days, indeed - for (apparently) SO MUCH...

But at what COST...?

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

slodger:

'But at what COST...?'

£45, Can't you read Paul??    :D      :D      :D      :D      :D  

D'oh!

Price paid, dear Slodge', is a VERY different thing from the REAL Cost...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

trent.barbeler:

The standard "individual" "single" CA membership costs £45 a year....

1, Free subscription to the CA quarterly colour newsletter "Campaign Update" including "events update".

I get most of the useful stuff in there from my household/personal insurance and union membership anyway.

"Members only car sticker and badge" :rolleyes:

Bet they'll get snapped up on Ebay pretty damn quick. Could soon become collectors' items.

Glad to hear that the brochure is in colour. That'll get them signing up in droves.

[ 25. March 2005, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: GlennB ]

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

trent.barbeler:

I have in front of me, a membership application form from the Countryside Alliance received two days ago. It came from the Wessex Regional Recruiter for the CA in the form of a colour pamphlet professionally embellished with all the relevant info inside.

The standard "individual" "single" CA membership costs £45 a year. Four and a bit times the amount for SAA membership at a tenner! Blimey. CA membership isn’t cheap. But what do you get for your 45 quid?

Wow, that's a big list. And the angling & fisheries content is...? Bums, I cannot seem to find it. Now it must be there somewehere. (Re-reads). Oh, it seems to be missing from the list. How very odd.

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

'Bums, I cannot seem to find it. Now it must be there somewehere. (Re-reads). Oh, it seems to be missing from the list. How very odd.'

Eh.... doesn't mention Fox-hunting, shooting coursing or indeed any other of the issues it claims to support either does it?

I get the impression the, 'I don't agree with fox hunting' blinkers are preventing some people from being objective regarding the CA. Let's hope the, 'I don't see why Otters should be persecuted in the name of a handful of carp fisheries' blinkers don't come out when the SAA subs are due.

:rolleyes:

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'