Warm base layer

James P

Guest tigger
I've yet to find any fingerless gloves that really work.

I have some good neoprene ones and there ideal as the fingers fold back and stick with velcro. I think mine are Ron thompson but there are plenty of other makes just the same. I think they cost 7 or 8 quid. This is the item number to a pair on ebey 350144731387

Edited by tigger

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit I don't tend to use flasks I have an ex swedish army trangia stove very cheaply available from fleabay as I prefer to make my tea fresh on the bank it's much nicer

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

go for the M and S thermal long-johns and crew neck top next to the skin

there climate control range are the mutts nutts

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Must admit I don't tend to use flasks I have an ex swedish army trangia stove very cheaply available from fleabay as I prefer to make my tea fresh on the bank it's much nicer

I agree; hotter drink, better taste, and the stove can also be used to warm up round whilst boiling the kettle. I prefer my old Coleman Alpine and Trangia windbreak, although the propane/butane mix cartridges need turning upside down for use in cold temps (just remember to start the stove with the gas cartridge right way up, or risk serious burns...he said speaking from bitter experience!). Sure, there's a huge weight and space penalty (compared to a flask), but I'm happy with that.

Geoff

Long sleeve thermal tee shirt and matching long johns, Ex army "Norgie" shirt and crew neck jumper on top with polar tec 400 fleece trousers designed to be worn under waders. These came from Cabelas in the US.

Over this a one piece padded boiler suit, ex North Sea oil rig issue and an ex army combat jacket on top. Toasty. :thumbs:

Regarding a brew, can't beat the kelly kettle IMO, the only flask I take is designed to fit into the hip pocket :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Just recently used the thermals from Uni Qlo, £7 or £8 per peice, for skiing and rate them very highly. In the past when static fishing in the bitting cold, i have set up a small BBQ next to me, toasty and the smell of cooking sausages is really something to warm you up.

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

I doubt anyone will want to spend this kind of money, but I wore my Fourth Element diving undersuit when I went fishing yesterday. Considering that people wear these for ice diving, it's no surprise that I was warm enough!

The genius is that they are not bulky. However, this kit is so warm, any physical activity will make you too hot, so not ideal for roving.

http://www.fourthelement.com/xerotherm_arctic.php

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

I have a couple of pairs of silk long johns and long sleeved vests - they are incredibly warm and wick moisture away really well.

The worst buy I ever made was a Nash Zero Tolerance 2nd skin. It was cheap enough at £25 - and it showed: Moisture wicking was pretty much non-existent, the press studs on the hood were out of alignment and worst of all was the degree of pilling on the fleece which was the worst I'd ever known. It was truly a triumph of marketing over product.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine