sea angler mag

macky

i thought the thread of this was to clarify the use of sa magazine not a slanging match, back to the thread in my opinion people buy it because they like to keep up with the joness ie latest rods reels etc . theres a bloke in work whos keen on motorbikes he buys a weekly mag costing 2 quid skims through it and leaves it on the table,and also on a personal note i found it quite helpful when starting out though i no longer buy it

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[[QB]

Originally posted by dale:

[qb] last word on this by me.

every idiot and his dog knows that all business's who pay for advertising incorporate that into their costs. as they do with shoplifting etc etc. so once again your paper is not free in the long run unless YOU pay for everything out of your pocket. no. didn't think so.

From Norm B.

"I think you are incorrect by saying that shops incorporate advertising , shoplifting etc into their costs. The shops I talk to have a set mark up and that allows for advertising, shoplifting etc.,

don't understand this statement, norm. is this agreeing with me or not. surely a mark up for advertisement is the same as incorporating into their costs. therefore the money they send YOU is built into the price I pay for goods hence your paper is not free.

Norm, i did notice you didn't refer back to the prospects part of your debate. i take it from that you may be mis informed there then?

From Norm B.

"No, I just didn't think it was worth mentioning. We all know that the "prospects" are based on last years reports but this is not generally made clear to the reader. My reports are, to my knowledge, a week old, still out of date but as close as you'll get."

i didn't really want to get into a fight over this but at times i can't help myself :¬)

whats happening in Scotland in the last week?

oops seems your an english south coast paper.

D.....pick yer own fight :¬)

as for the other comments which are privately e mailed then there are several things which can be done. a remove e mail address visability. done that on one site and the crap stopped. the numpty obviously forgot to add me to his list. b. just delete it. c. report them .

as for anyone out there who thinks turning the cheek is the answer then they are just as big a fool. my wife and child access this PC and some of the stuff was not for their viewing so get a life.

From Norm B.

"I don't critise the glossies by name as it would not be very professional but on two occasions I have written to the editor of a glossy about blatently incorrect articles. One was a feature on a port's charter boats and one was about a shore fishing venue. The port article had photos that were at least 10 years old and some of the boats pictured were no longer around and the shore fishing venue was so out of date to be useless as place names had changed and silting up meant that it was impossible to catch fish except an hour either side of high tide, but the

"author" claimed to have caught fish from an hour after low. My letter was ignored. I think, "don't let the facts get in the way of an article" spring to mind."

can't comment on this either way. could be true but as they say don't throw stones in glass houses.

[QB] [[QB]

[qb] last word on this by me.

For someones who's had his last word on the subject you seem to have a lot more to say on it.

None of it relevant or coherent, or even sensible.

You're obviously suffering from some sort of delusion that you are a journalist so it wouldn't be fair of me to take advantage of your weakness, so I've now had my last word on the subject, and I mean it, bye.