Hello all. New here. Scottish Kayak/rock fisher

Jaffa

Hi all. Nice forum, which i'm delighted to see has a few posts about UK Kayak fishing :D I was begining to think I was the only one :)

I've pleasure fished for more years than I care to remember, mostly on Scottish East coast rock marks, and for the last two years from a kayak over local inshore reefs.

Like I suspect many pleasure anglers i'm a bit stuck in my ways about fishing methods, ie shore fishing consists of 3/0 hooks (do they really go smaller?), peeler and a lob of a cast. Boat fishing is jigging feathers on the drift for cod and mackerel. Braid, jellies, leadheads,??? etc - i have a lot to learn......

Kayak fishing has gotten me enthusiastic again and this looks like a good place to pick some brains and help me find some new fishing methods that would suit my kayakfishing.

Hopefully I can contribute a bit in return if anyones interested in the kayakfishing madness :D . Also I am a bit opinionated when it comes to conservation, fisheries and aquaculture and I don't always agree with a lot of what i see posted on sea angling forums - not sure if thats a good or bad thing

Anyway, I look forward getting to know you all.

:)

Chris.

[ 05. June 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Jaffa ]

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, Welcome to AN, Being opinionated is no bad thing, I look forward to your posts...

All the best.

Norrie

[ 05. June 2004, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Welcome to AN.

I was up in Lochalain last weekend and we heard a kayak club on the radio. Seems that they had a Mother ship with them and were having a good time.

You could give Davy Hold and email and he might be able to get some details of the club next time he hears them.

I would not advise trying for Davy's pets from a kayak though :D:D

Cheers for now

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Hi Jaffa

Wecome to AN, I fish from a canadian canoe occasionally but I must admit I'm thinking about converting to a Yak after Yakety waxing lyrical about them. Do please share your opinions with us as it makes for interesting threads, just don't ram them down our throats :D

Paul

Welcome Jaffa. We've been needing an opinionated sea angler on here for a while. Really hard to get most of the regulars to offer even mild opinioins. :D:D

What flavor of kayak do you favor? (yup - if the flag avatar didn't give it away, the spelling did - I'm from way west of you folks).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President