Uptide reel

Clint

Hi ya gang, i dont go sea fishing at all anymore but work have asked me to run a trip once a month or so so im after a bit of advice on tackle as i havent been for a few years now.

Which reel will i get away with using for uptiding ?

Plus does any of you guys remember a boat that used to go out of Eastbourne called Grey Leopard?

the skippers name was Nigel, i was just wondering if he was still about ?

Regards Clint

Guest jay_con

Hi Clint,

Any reel in the 7000 size should do. I sometimes use an abu 6500, but thats probably me being stupid.

Right turn clyde :P:D:D:D

Any heavy duty beach reel will do, as you will be casting 4-8oz only 50 to 75 yards max. I use a Penn 535, but do a search on this forum as there have been several threads on this topic.

Good luck with the works trips, they can be great fun.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Winter thats far from stupid, the ABU 6000 range are perfect for uptideing.For heavey work I might use a 7000 or 8000 but the 6000 range are an excelent match for a light uptideing rod.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hi gang, thanks for the replys.

Winter i have to agree with that statement as i used to use the abu 6500c for all my uptiding work from plaice fishing to smoothhounds.

I am just after something that wont break the bank as now im a family man with kids and a liking to centerpins lol.

Regards to all

Clint

[ 05. February 2005, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Clint ]

Right gang here is what i have got it down too so can i have your views please:

1: Shimano Charter Special 1000ld

2: Abu 6500 c3

3: Penn 535gs

At my local shop these are all discounted at the mo so what do you think?

I will only be going once ever month or 2 months so doesnt need to be the dogs dangley bits :D

Regards Clint

my mates just bought two ABU 7000 lever drags for 105 quid, they are nice for the price.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I can only vote for the 535 cos its the only one of those I have used, but it works for me. Nice fast retrieve which is useful.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

don't neglect the fixed spool for up-tiding, easy to use for novices and well capable of landing anything in UK waters while up-tiding including tope

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif