Winter Bream

mjbarnes12

Has anyone got any winter bream tactics?? I am planning on tackling a largish lake (5 acres) on sunday for them. It is around 9-10ft deep in the middle with a shelp running most of the way around (except for the damn wall) of about 4 feet which goes about 3-4feet out!!

Where would the bream be (I was going to aim for the deeper channels in the middle/towards the damn wall!!

What method would you use?? (I was going to go for a smallish cage feeder)

Finally what baits would you use (im going for crumb, pinkies&maggot and lobbies)

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

Has anyone got any winter bream tactics?? I am planning on tackling a largish lake (5 acres) on sunday for them. It is around 9-10ft deep in the middle with a shelp running most of the way around (except for the damn wall) of about 4 feet which goes about 3-4feet out!!

Where would the bream be (I was going to aim for the deeper channels in the middle/towards the damn wall!!

What method would you use?? (I was going to go for a smallish cage feeder)

Finally what baits would you use (im going for crumb, pinkies&maggot and lobbies)

I'd check first that the lake is frozen over!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I agree with tigger.

Although I catch lots of big bream in winter its usually when the weather is a little milder than it is now.

Its also generally in a river where they have to move and therefore use energy meaning the need for food.

When it warms, just a bit, my favourite bream winter bait is always worm and caster cocktail. I have caught many bream in stillwaters in feb/march as the water temp starts to rise.

regards

John

Hmmmm winter Breaming risky buisness if i was going id say your tactics were spot on id only add my favourite bream baits which are worm & caster cocktail & i always take a few slices of bread a small piece of flake might get u a few then again i cant remember a winter Bream session of mine that didnt end up being a few small Roach & Perch session .

Good luck :)

The more i practice the luckier i get :)

Strange that it may seem, on my local "big carp" waters, quite a lot of the bigger double figure bream get caught in the coldest part of the year. This may be due to the carp being much less active, and the bream getting in on the baits. It has puzzled me why so many of the Wingham members seem to give up on the bream as soon as the autumn comes.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

It has puzzled me why so many of the Wingham members seem to give up on the bream as soon as the autumn comes.

Den

It dose seem a little strange as Ive had my best catch in the back end and right up to Christmas in warm years, but i don't think i would be tempted at the moment.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Strange that it may seem, on my local "big carp" waters, quite a lot of the bigger double figure bream get caught in the coldest part of the year. This may be due to the carp being much less active, and the bream getting in on the baits. It has puzzled me why so many of the Wingham members seem to give up on the bream as soon as the autumn comes.

Den

Too much punishment for me, it's a heartbreaker in the Summer let alone the Winter! I'd much rather go chubbing :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music