And They Want Taxpayer's Money?

Elton

its probably in retirement now my bro lives in far off bristol so the granger boat fishing clan is dead and prices of places for just me far to expensive :(

It would be a pleasure for me to pick you up on the way to weymouth, in the summer, when you don't need to buy any bait, just using either caught mackerel or the shads that we have shed loads in any event. You would be more than welcome, and you would go home with fish as well, a promise. :fishing1:

nothing wrong with the 624's apart from a small spring section internally that used to rust if not oiled. I still have one and it's as smooth as silk.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a pleasure for me to pick you up on the way to weymouth, in the summer, when you don't need to buy any bait, just using either caught mackerel or the shads that we have shed loads in any event. You would be more than welcome, and you would go home with fish as well, a promise. :fishing1:

i'm a little off course for that :D but thanks ,last time i went to weymouth boatfishing was in my bro's citroen bx something or other with dead rear suspention globes ,we left here at 5 am our eyes didnt stop shuddering until we were anchored :lol:

best trip ever was from brighton ,forgot the skipper but he knew his stuff ,blond with beard i kinda remember but we tended to pre celebrate granger outings the night before if you get my drift so memory is hazy.

langstone was the usual place but we often flew off (he is a nutter driver) to be disappointed in more remote places

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i'm a little off course for that :D but thanks ,last time i went to weymouth boatfishing was in my bro's citroen bx something or other with dead rear suspention globes ,we left here at 5 am our eyes didnt stop shuddering until we were anchored :lol:

best trip ever was from brighton ,forgot the skipper but he knew his stuff ,blond with beard i kinda remember but we tended to pre celebrate granger outings the night before if you get my drift so memory is hazy.

langstone was the usual place but we often flew off (he is a nutter driver) to be disappointed in more remote places

Guess what van i drive, yup a citroen, thank goodness for struts. :) never done brighton, me mate does.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Woolies 'lost it' when they stopped selling hot roasted peanuts. In my first visit to New Orleans I had a burger in Woolies. One of the best I ever tasted.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

they have taste? :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I thought Jaguar were after finance rather than a hand-out - either the government acting as guarantor, or else buying a chunk of shares. I can take that, but if money is just to be given to the motor industry to promote sales, a reduction in showroom tax to the consumer would be a better way of using the money.

Steve, You're right, but my point was that Tata must have known the situation prior to their purchase of Jaguar as part of the due diligence process, and therefore, had factored into their calculations the need for finance for more than a year or so in advance. That's why I think they're playing hard and fast with people's livelihoods - by holding the government to ransom as they have the unspoken threat of relocating their production in India. Like I said, they've not said it, but the threat is far too obvious for even this bunch of incompetents to miss....I hope.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Yes, although I suspect that if Tata had guessed how bad things were going to get, they wouldn't have bought J/LR in the first place. Personally, I think the logical outcome is what happened to Rover - buy the technology, tooling and brand and then ship it off to somewhere the labour is cheap. Still, at least we'll still be able to manufacture burgers.

they have the unspoken threat of relocating their production in India. Like I said, they've not said it, but the threat is far too obvious for even this bunch of incompetents to miss....I hope.

As in the case of Rover, "this bunch of incompetents" has already missed it (or maybe they haven't but don't care anyway)

The point is, that there IS no "unspoken threat" - the eventual relocation to an area of cheap labour is a CERTAINTY - after all, even UK and USA manufactures have been/are/will shortly be doing it.

Of course, if the "unspoken threat" results in concessions from "this bunch of incompetents" in a futile attempt to stave off relocation, so much the better if you are an Asian car manufacturer.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

As in the case of Rover, "this bunch of incompetents" has already missed it (or maybe they haven't but don't care anyway)

The point is, that there IS no "unspoken threat" - the eventual relocation to an area of cheap labour is a CERTAINTY - after all, even UK and USA manufactures have been/are/will shortly be doing it.

Of course, if the "unspoken threat" results in concessions from "this bunch of incompetents" in a futile attempt to stave off relocation, so much the better if you are an Asian car manufacturer.

If they do decide to help Tata out, it should be on the undertaking that relocation will not happen and if Tata were to dfault on an agreement, the company reverts to UK PLC ownership. The fact that a nationalised car industry in the UK was pretty nigh disastrous is irrelevant in this thread, but as a concept it fills me with dread - about the same dread as another 5 years of 'Prudence'.

Seeing what happened with Northern Wreck the other banks, our ability to ride out this storm is seriously questionable.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The following two news releases would suggest that, maybe, the companies in trouble are just a bit...what's that word? Crap?

BEST EVER YEAR FOR CHEVROLET

* Chevrolet celebrates best sales year yet in UK

* Total sales of 18,372

* Best ever market share

There aren’t many car manufacturers who can claim to have seen their sales increase during times of economic turbulence. But for Chevrolet UK, 2008 was a record year, with an annual sales total of 18,372 cars.

What’s more, the UK sales contributed to a European record, with over half a million new Chevrolet cars being sold in the region for the first time since the brand made its debut this side of the Atlantic in 2005.

Despite a very tough sales environment, Chevrolet also saw its market share in the UK increase from 0.76 per cent in 2007 to 0.86 per cent in 2008, while the company’s share of the retail car market reached an all-time high of 0.90 per cent.

Much of that success was due to the launch of two new models in 2008, with the three and five-door Aveo supermini replacing the popular Kalos to become Chevrolet’s second best-selling model behind the Matiz.

The four-door Epica family saloon also made its debut, introducing the Chevrolet virtues of incredible value for money, expressive design and proven reliability to a whole new audience.

That trend is set to continue in 2009, with the debut of the all-new Cruze mid-size saloon later in the year, with further new Chevrolet cars scheduled to come to the market in 2010.

Chevrolet UK MD Mark Terry said: “The 2008 figures represent a great result for Chevrolet and show that in a challenging economic climate consumers put value for money first.

“With the new Cruze adding yet another new element to our model range in 2009, we look forward to consolidating our success - while 2009 won't be easy for any car manufacturer, we think Chevrolet's reputation for astounding value and durable, high quality cars will have great appeal in a market where people are keeping a closer eye than ever on their motoring costs.”

The 2008 figure beats 2007, a previous record year, when 18,356 Chevrolets were sold.

ROLLS-ROYCE ACHIEVES RECORD RESULT

9 January 2009, Goodwood

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has seen its 2008 sales increase by 20 per cent. Last year the luxury car manufacturer retailed 1212 cars compared to 1010 the previous year. This marks the fifth consecutive annual sales increase since the company was launched in 2003.

There was strong demand across the Phantom range. However the continued popularity of the four-door versions was evident with the Phantom saloon and Extended Wheelbase models accounting for more than half of all sales. Continued interest in the Phantom Drophead Coupé and, in particular, the introduction of the Phantom Coupé in the summer of 2008 saw Rolls-Royce attract new buyers, boosting retails to record levels.

“This is a tremendous result and particularly gratifying considering the challenging economic environment manufacturers faced in the second half of 2008,” said Tom Purves, Chief Executive Officer. “Once again much of this success lies with the highly skilled and dedicated workforce that we have at Goodwood.”

North America remained the biggest single market for Rolls-Royce in 2008, accounting for 38 per cent of sales. Exceptional performances were seen in Northern Europe and in the Middle East which grew by around 95 and 48 per cent respectively. The Asia Pacific region saw continued sales growth in markets such as Australia, China, India and Singapore.

Looking ahead, preparations are now fully underway to ready the company for the introduction of a brand new model series, currently named RR4, due later this year.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE