west bexington at its WORST

Zigs

normally so good, fished tonight with john storey & fear the hands.

stiff westerly wind, o.k. not a problem, limits casting a bit.

strong current, dragging gripleads off to the east to the extent that in 10 minutes they are in the surf. o.k. we can retrieve & re bait more often.

seaweed clumps, this was the breaking point. so much wrapped around the bait a fish would need what newt would call a weed wacker to get near it, let alone the hook.

a good sociable time was had however; & me & fear the hands can look forward to the bucket of cockles we picked earlier.

(do have 3 huge ragworms, over 1 foot long, that i dug too. saving them for tommorow )

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the 1cm & 2cm mussels we landed along with the 30lbs of seaweed zig!!

So it wasn't a total waste

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

its just waiting for me to make my first appearance!

incidentally there is an article on seatown on tsf

may edit on its day it can be brilliant.

ziggy still havent received my new fishing gear it would have been quicker to upto glasgow (might give them a ring today and chase it up.i did an order a few years back with this company when i bought a combi beachcasting set in their sale value £200=+ for£85.00 and they tried to fob me off with the cheapest okuma reel .so they have lost a customer.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

yep, many a night when i've had more than 30 fish from seatown, pity about the car park only being open for 5 minutes a day.

incidentally, dogs are not allowed on seatown beach, so if you kill one for eating your bait or peeing on your tackle bag, just deny its possible.

so you wont be using the "scottish" angling centre any more then hembo

no which is a shame either that im just jinxed.

is the landlady still vociferous about fishermen

down at seatown.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Another session at Bexy. Today 3:30pm til 9pm.

South south easterly wind changing to southerly during the course. Very calm, seaweed has disappeared!

Blankety blank (apart from a Somerfield carrier bag)

At least I'm not losing my rigs again. Went home with what I arrived with for a change!!

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...