Athiest bus campaign

Ken L

"Cor blimey" Ken, I am impressed.

I have a little file on my computer entitled "Bible study". There are some quite astonishing things in there.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken, that was suprising - almost as if you were waiting for some one to post something SIMILAR to mine. For your information I keep up to date with what is happening. I at no time in my statement said belief in the written (by PEOPLE) was either right or wrong.

All I said was that from the lowly eskimo or Australian Aborigine or New Zealand Maori, to the Archbishops of several countries, the belief in A God is more popular than Atheism!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

"high levels of atheism in a society are strongly correlated with high levels of societal health, such as low poverty rates and strong gender equality. Societies with adequate food distribution, good public health care, and accessible housing generally show a waning of religiosity, while societies where there is inadequate food and shelter and life is less secure show much higher levels of religious belief"

http://www.investigatingatheism.info/demographics.html

No wonder religious belief is almost universal in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

Ken, that was suprising - almost as if you were waiting for some one to post something SIMILAR to mine. For your information I keep up to date with what is happening. I at no time in my statement said belief in the written (by PEOPLE) was either right or wrong.

All I said was that from the lowly eskimo or Australian Aborigine or New Zealand Maori, to the Archbishops of several countries, the belief in A God is more popular than Atheism!

Just because something is popular does not make it a fact. Amongst many children it is popular to believe in Santa Claus and the the tooth-fairy. There are many people who believe that we are being visited by beings from other solar systems and that they have been abducted and been experimented on by these beings. I even saw one woman on American telivision who claimed that an alien had sired her three children! Popular belief is not truth. Let me ask you a question KB. Do you accept that us humans and the chimpanzee are both descended from a common ancestral species, now extinct. Oui ou non?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

KB. It is true that there appears to be an almost univerasal yearning for an understanding of the place of humanity in a greater scheme of things. It's also true that in most cultures, that need manifests itself in the concept of the devine or sacred and of course, (along with superstition, magic and ritual) this is the natural home of the church.

Essentially, the church fills these holes in peoples lives with "woo" and as is always the way with pedlers of woo, it reacts violently to alternate versions of woo or to any attempt to do away with woo and replace it with understanding.

The only reason I jumped in on you was because you seemed to be trying to imply that all religions actually get along swimmingly and all acknowledge that they all follow the same god in slightly different ways while the nasty athiests go around stirring everybody up.

This is the sort of multifaith waffle that I often hear being bandied about and it's patently untrue.

Even amongst the big three monothiestic religions of the Middle East who undoubtedly do share exactly the same "god" (The god of Abraham), there has been continual hatred, mistrust and bloodshed for the last two thousand years.

You also assert that religion is more popular than an absence of religion and that may well be true but truth isn't a popularity contest is it ?

You are of course welcome to your beliefs but I for one am delighted by the looming posibility of the existance of god being tested in court - not least because I find such things as "acts of god" being considered legitimate get outs in law for an insurance company to be grossly offensive.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

To the first question - I would be unable to have followed a career as a chemist if that was not true!

However I will not bore you with the ins and outs of how I can believe in both!

As to the popularity question - I have previously said that atheism IS in the minority, but to hear them, one trying to "outdo" the other they appear to be trying to make atheism the most popular thinking in the world.

The one thing you forget - the question has already been answered (albeit in a movie).

Take a look at the most popular monetary unit - the American dollar - and you will find something ratjher strange - on ALL the currency are the words IN GOD WE TRUST!!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Take a look at the most popular monetary unit - the American dollar - and you will find something ratjher strange - on ALL the currency are the words IN GOD WE TRUST!!!

I'm not sure what that is supposed to prove - German soldiers in both world wars had the legend (in both senses of the word) "Gott Mit Uns" inscribed on their belt buckles.

The inclusion of that phrase is also a lot more recent than you might think.

http://www.treas.gov/education/fact-sheets...d-we-trust.html

Just because something is popular does not make it a fact. Amongst many children it is popular to believe in Santa Claus and the the tooth-fairy. There are many people who believe that we are being visited by beings from other solar systems and that they have been abducted and been experimented on by these beings. I even saw one woman on American telivision who claimed that an alien had sired her three children! Popular belief is not truth. Let me ask you a question KB. Do you accept that us humans and the chimpanzee are both descended from a common ancestral species, now extinct. Oui ou non?

Non, most definitely Non. I cannot disprove it neither can you prove it, so either position is just as valid as the other. Darwinism (evolution) appears to be a flawed ideology which falls into the category of the first line of your post above, and is attracting a growing band of doubters from within the scientific community, interesting therefore that you choose to use Darwin to bolster your atheistic argument.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Darwinism (evolution) appears to be a flawed ideology which falls into the category of the first line of your post above, and is attracting a growing band of doubters from within the scientific community,

I do hope that you don't mean this bunch of crazies:

http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~do_while/sage/