Athiest bus campaign

Ken L

Emma2 - apologies for the mistake with your name (I was talking to my granddaughter Jemma at the time!)

As to your not being an atheist - why are you posting things that have absolutely nothing to do with the question that is being debated? If you feel so strongly about Inuits, Maoris, Aborigines or Bantu or whatever, why don't you open your own debate on a separate forum issue?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:doh: I'm sorry KB I feel like a real klutz :2: Sure you can be a Christian and still accept evolution. I don't know how I managed to screw that up so badly. Had I been on the bottle or the weed I would understand, but I managed that unaided. Sorry KB, sorry everyone.

I nearly bought that one too <_<

Have you watched the news at any point in the last 2000 years KB ?

The problem with the religious is that they seem to be incapable of living together with other people of other religions; they even enshrine that intolerance in scripture.

Exodus 22:18: “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.”

Note: The King James version was translated from Greek texts, and the original Greek line read: "Thou shalt not suffer a venefica to live". The Latin word "venefica" means "female poisoner". Thus, the correct translation should be: "Thou shalt not suffer a female poisoner to live". King James's translator decided that the term "witch" was synonymous with "poisoner". King James I was well known for his persecution of "witches" in England. In other translations of the Bible, this passage is translated differently. For example, in the Revised Standard Version of the Bible this verse is translated as: "You shall not permit a sorceress to live," which isn't any more accurate than the King James version. This is a good example of scripture being deliberately misinterpreted to support Satanic hysteria.

Leviticus 20:27: “A man or a woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.”

Deutoronomy 18:10-12: “There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you.

Leviticus 26:30 “I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you.”

Deutoronomy 7:5-6: “This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols in the fire. For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.”

Was Hitler a church goer or Stalin ?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

"high levels of atheism in a society are strongly correlated with high levels of societal health, such as low poverty rates and strong gender equality. Societies with adequate food distribution, good public health care, and accessible housing generally show a waning of religiosity, while societies where there is inadequate food and shelter and life is less secure show much higher levels of religious belief"

http://www.investigatingatheism.info/demographics.html

No wonder religious belief is almost universal in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

You obviously are including the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other oil rich countries :rolleyes:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Just because something is popular does not make it a fact. Amongst many children it is popular to believe in Santa Claus and the the tooth-fairy. There are many people who believe that we are being visited by beings from other solar systems and that they have been abducted and been experimented on by these beings. I even saw one woman on American telivision who claimed that an alien had sired her three children! Popular belief is not truth. Let me ask you a question KB. Do you accept that us humans and the chimpanzee are both descended from a common ancestral species, now extinct. Oui ou non?

You really are clutching at straws mate :rolleyes: one could hardly call the highlighted section a popular belief.

AND only a very small percentage of the worlds population follow the Santa Claus route and lets be honest they are kids being miss led by adults.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

I don't, but I and many other atheists object to the label 'godless' It's an ad hominem attack at best and a form of political smear at its worse.

Why do you object to being godless when as an atheist you state gods do not exist ?

eat.gif

Petals Florist

I am NOT going to bore you with what I believe. Suffice to say that I believe in live and let live, however, if people start saying that your belief is rubbish, then I WILL fight my corner!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Please provide this godliness soul some evidence of why he should believe? What you Christians seem to overlook is the fact that they share atheist beliefs with us atheists. I assume that as a Christian You do not believe in Thor, Wodin, Ra, Freya, Zeus, Jove, Mars, Neptune, Baldr, Foresti, Cabrakan.... the list could go on almost forever. Just like you I don't accept the existence of any of those gods, the difference is I have added one more god to the list of gods that I don't accept the existence of.

Please don't give me the 'you cannot prove that God does not exist' argument either. Those who are making the exceptional claim for the existence of supernatural beings bear the Burden of Proof

Let me ask you a couple of questions please Rabbit.

How many other linguistically acquired beliefs have you accepted without evidence in your life other than your religion?

The same question I asked of Kleinboet Do you accept that the chimpanzee and us human are descended from a common ancestral species, now extinct? Yes or No?

This has brightened up a some what dull Sunday afternoon :D

Like Newt I sit on the fence with this one, I figure it is the safest place to be :rolleyes: Atheist are probably slightly more blinded by science than they should be.

I refer to the BIG BANG. I have asked this question many times and never been offered any thing other than a load of waffle. The question "Where did this big bang take place?"

My opinion on the bus adverts are they are a minority faction being some what over bearing :lol: They are little better than the minority faction who breath hell fire and brimstone. :rolleyes:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Hitler was a catholic and although stalin renounced all religion as an adult, both his household and the seminary where he was educated were Rusian Orthodox - it's not unreasonable then to assume that that's where he got his morals.

My little "Bible Study" file also has a section on Genicide. It lists the following:

Exodus, Chapter 34, verses 11-14: “Observe what I command you this day. Behold, I am driving out from before you the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite. Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be a snare in your midst. But you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images (For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.)”

Leviticus, Chapter 26, verses 7-9: “You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new.”

Genesis 6:5-9: "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."

Deuteronomy 7:1-2: "... the seven nations greater and mightier than thou; And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them."

Joshua 10:40-41:"So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. And Joshua smote them from Kadesh-barnea even unto Gaza, and all the country of Goshen, even unto Gibeon."

It's good for endorsing geniside is the bible.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Not sure about Stalin, Hitler was a Roman Catholic

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote