Hats off to Ronnie Cambel

Alan Taylor

Last year I had a call from a complete stranger that had read my article about Common Skate and he wanted to know more. A few calls later he (Jacques & Sylvia) came over to see some pictures and asked a load of questions as they wanted to visit Scotland and fish for Common Skate. I gave them Ronnies address and they took it from there.

I have just had a call from Jacques and he told me all about his trip with Ronnie. They had some good Skate to 105lb (8 fish in total :) )

They were well impressed with Ronnnie, the wild life and Scotland in general. They even came back with a sun tan :D much to the surprise of there friends.

Well done Ronnie, you made 2 Dutch people very happy, not only with there fish but with the whole attitude towards your customers and the respect for the fish.

They can't thank you because of there limited ability to write in English so I am thanking you for them and for myself for backing up what I had told them about you and your trips.

I will try and post some pics if Jacques sends them to me. I have also told him to post a few pics and a short story to Zee hengel sport, sort of Dutch Sea Angler magazine and will let you know if it is published.

Thanks again.

Alan

Holland

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan....Its Campbell....by the way mate..... :D:rolleyes::D As in the SOUP....

heres a site....

http://www.charterboats-uk.co.uk/Charter%2...%20-%20Oban.htm

I've fished with Ronnie on a few occasions, and always had a good trip, and always learned things....unfortunately he doesnt have a website that I can find.....but the link above will get you in touch with him..... :D

[ 30. July 2005, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/