Photo of the Month - February Onwards

Steve Randles

The point of anonymity is that it is only the picture that is being judged.

Den

Yep, have to agree with you on that....is the only way a comp should run really.

Well done on getting this set up Steve! now i got my computer up and running again on a decent connection i hope to be back for the comps and the forum in general.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just registered and informed that an automatic e-mail was winging its way to me :) It may have been hijacked by terrorists as after 30 mins it still aint arrived :o

Nope,just checked again,still not there. Oh God do not say I have broke the new website already!!

Mr Luddite :P:rolleyes:

My email arrived within seconds!! So there!! :D

All registered, thanks Steve! Just need to get out of the house and get some photos taken. It's still frosty here?? So it won't be today

Sorted and registered :) Just need to sort my Photobucket account now :) 62,670 hits in a month/bandwidth exceeded - did not know I was that popular !! :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

The point of anonymity is that it is only the picture that is being judged.

Den

Do you really think voters are voting for Jo Blogs rather than the best picture ? I would personally like to give people more credit than that. I think it adds to the information about the photo and gives the voter some background. That information is another nice to have IMHO, otherwise it's like having an overly secret ballot.

Rob.

I can see both sides, for anonymity or not. But as the space and gallery was created for among other reasons to allow helpful comments/feedback, I'm going to put the names back and make each photo's owners name visible. We can discuss this and maybe even have a poll vote if you want to see what everyone thinks in the futuresometime. I would hope that ALL vote for the Photo and not the owner and I'm sure we all dont want it too serious, remember its for fun with the hope of improving everyones Photography.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I am with you Steve,I vote on the merits of each photo and not who took it.I would appreciate constructive criticism on my efforts,its a good way to improve/give you new ideas :)

Yes and lets keep it friendly. I really enjoy the "craic" on here and regard you all as my friends :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• 3 weeks later...

February's Competition allbum is now open for uploads and comments/constructive feedback/critique, all previous test uploads have been removed so we have a clean start.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• 2 months later...
Maybe I'm just having a blonde day, but despite clicking to enlarge the thumbnails, I can't find where to leave comments? I'm sure I've done it in the past...

Help please!

Janet

I 'thought' that you could only do that in the voting period - I too looked for that and how to 'vote' on specific images. If I'm right then that appears to lock out the ability to comment on past pictures as well, and we all want constructive feedback and suggestions.

Rob.