river fishing

barney66

I'll be holding back as the Ribble and Hodder and the Aire are all going to be a mess for a while as some farmers regardless of the changes in the law have continued to spread liquidised muck over the fields and this will be the first thing to be washed into the rivers along with the snow melt and the road salt needless to say the rivers are going to be looking a bit sickly for some time to come.

A lot will depend on how much rain we get and how long the thaw lasts.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I'll be holding back as the Ribble and Hodder and the Aire are all going to be a mess for a while as some farmers regardless of the changes in the law have continued to spread liquidised muck over the fields and this will be the first thing to be washed into the rivers along with the snow melt and the road salt needless to say the rivers are going to be looking a bit sickly for some time to come.

A lot will depend on how much rain we get and how long the thaw lasts.

I might be wrong but i was under the impression that farmers have been given extra time before these laws kick in. I was with a milk farmer yesterday who was telling me that these new laws aren't going to help much anyway. It will just mean they Will have less time to get the stuff on the land which will mean they are all doing it at the same time and regardless of the weather.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Really happy to see a thaw as the cold spell has brought all the fishing to a complete standstill where I am

Tell me about it Neil! I have had the last 2 weekends blanking on the Bristol Avon, still we have not had enough rain to make any difference, I could not believe how low the river was, must be a good 2-3ft below normal winter level in some places!

Bring me some rain, please! Oh and also if we could have it a bit less windy that would be great, I dont want much, just to actually be able to get a bite or two would do! :rolleyes:

Simon

River was very low wasn't it, went over Chippenham Avon a couple of weeks ago and it was unvbelievely low and clear and not a fish in sight.

Have struggled recently with only a few fish to the lures but looking outside now there's some good steady rain so fingers crossed it'll be a bit better for the weekend