ABBOTSBURY - At Its VERY Best!!!!!!

MainBassMan

Ziggy thats so funny i like your sence of humor,LMFAO. :lol::lol::lol:

no, i'm serious, you go to chard on saturday night & you'll see them rising in the glow from the kebab shop sign, mouths like girt pollack, sucking in the scent of the donners, & barbels detecting the distant aromas from the KFC feeding banks.

But, stay away from chard in early april, you do not, repeat DO NOT, want to see em spawn, once the spawning frenzy is over, they flop, exhausted onto the banks of the stream in the high street & struggle to higher ground to reach the child benefit books.

an horrible sight :D

Edited by ziggy searchfield

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

:) Hello all

I am once again packing the market stall ready for another session down on chesil.

Looking forward to some realy serious Bassing (now I know the secret that is :yeah: )

So whats happening around Charmouth, Bexington, Abbs, etc

Remember look out for the big yellow van and say hi!

Regards Phil

Ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes! Never ask a question and be a fool for life! .

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.

:) Hello all

I am once again packing the market stall ready for another session down on chesil.

Looking forward to some realy serious Bassing (now I know the secret that is :yeah: )

So whats happening around Charmouth, Bexington, Abbs, etc

Remember look out for the big yellow van and say hi!

Regards Phil

Do you do abbotsbury market? what do you sell?!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Do you do abbotsbury market? what do you sell?!

phil does the markets up bristol way if i remember right, then he comes down here for the fishing.

Abbotsbury was wall to wall with grockles last night so we went up beyond the cottage mark for a bit of space. only thing feeding on the bottom seemed to be crabs so john said "one more try for the mackerell & then were off" threw some feathers out & was straight into a couple, decent sized too. then john landed a sardine, followed by several more, they seemed to be swimming with the mackerel as he was catching both together. there were many small plops right in front of us, i guess it was whitebait but none beached itself.

i then got a terminal tangle on my main rod so dropped back to the spinner with a dexter wedge. caught 1 more, which was enough. packed up as darkness fell & when off for a pint down the ilchester arms, cracking evening. :):):)

phil does the markets up bristol way if i remember right, then he comes down here for the fishing.

Abbotsbury was wall to wall with grockles last night so we went up beyond the cottage mark for a bit of space. only thing feeding on the bottom seemed to be crabs so john said "one more try for the mackerell & then were off" threw some feathers out & was straight into a couple, decent sized too. then john landed a sardine, followed by several more, they seemed to be swimming with the mackerel as he was catching both together. there were many small plops right in front of us, i guess it was whitebait but none beached itself.

i then got a terminal tangle on my main rod so dropped back to the spinner with a dexter wedge. caught 1 more, which was enough. packed up as darkness fell & when off for a pint down the ilchester arms, cracking evening. :):):)

Nice one Ziggy I went out in the boat today, first trip of the year, caught some good sized mackerel a pollack of about a pound and not much else, very few fish showing on the sounder which was a bit worrying, hope its just too early for the Bass to come in shore. Flippin heck are they making a mess of the hill behind lyme, I think their plan to stop it from slipping is to remove it altogether!

Dan

Hi Dan, Ziggy and all others

Dan you got me confused :huh:

Didnt know abbs had a market!?

I do Charmouth, dorchester, portland, weymouth, swanage. selling health care products

Thanks for the info Ziggy, who knows aour paths may cross some time.

Shall (all being well) be starting down there next week but will be at swanage, then to dorchester maybe weymouth but heard it is not that brill yet.

have realy missed the delights of chesil. not long now though :)

see you soon all, leave some fish for me :rolleyes:

Regards

PhilC

Ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes! Never ask a question and be a fool for life! .

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.

Hi Dan, Ziggy and all others

Dan you got me confused :huh:

Didnt know abbs had a market!?

I do Charmouth, dorchester, portland, weymouth, swanage. selling health care products

Regards

PhilC

Just wondered if you knew my mate who sells the herbs at Dorchester Market etc?!

Dan

abootsbury producing small thornbacks and plaice on evening spring tides, near the cottages.

welcome chesilmaster, we had a plaice/dab/flounder type thingy from there on sunday too, we wernt quite sure which so we put him back, think its their spawning time so probably best left.