ABBOTSBURY - At Its VERY Best!!!!!!

MainBassMan

Had a few mackies and scad on Weds evening, cracking sunset.

Was totally disgusted with the state of the beach, its a absolute sh#t pit covered in litter, what the hell is wrong with people ??? :wallbash::angry:

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a few mackies and scad on Weds evening, cracking sunset.

Was totally disgusted with the state of the beach, its a absolute sh#t pit covered in litter, what the hell is wrong with people ??? :wallbash::angry:

Scott

Hi Scott

Quite aggree it is the same every year at this time.

I some times wonder if these people realy live in houses or bxxxxy pigstys :wallbash:

Hows this for an idea, litter watch stations where like they have surff watch in Ausie land :busted_cop: they have a person in a tower photographing the culprits taking thier car registrations and sending them a statutory fine of say £1000 for littering. :rtfm: Think of the revenue they would raise.

Phil C

Ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes! Never ask a question and be a fool for life! .

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.

Hi Scott

Quite aggree it is the same every year at this time.

I some times wonder if these people realy live in houses or bxxxxy pigstys :wallbash:

Hows this for an idea, litter watch stations where like they have surff watch in Ausie land :busted_cop: they have a person in a tower photographing the culprits taking thier car registrations and sending them a statutory fine of say £1000 for littering. :rtfm: Think of the revenue they would raise.

Phil C

Hi Phil,

They'd make a killing mate, its such a beautiful place and I'd say the 'anglers' are 90% to blame, really P's me off, total lazyness. Hopefully they blank.

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Hi Phil,

They'd make a killing mate, its such a beautiful place and I'd say the 'anglers' are 90% to blame, really P's me off, total lazyness. Hopefully they blank.

Scott

Phill might remember the campaign i got going a few years back on the "other forum"

i produced a leaflet pointing out that litter is spoiling the beaches for everyone & its a danger to people & wild life. also, as some of the beaches are private, it could result in beaches being closed to anglers.

i gave a copy to every tackle shop from lyme regis to portland asking them to display it. well i've never seen it on show, so that was a waste of effort.

i also contacted dorset council asking for prominent anti litter notices at all the chesil venues & suggesting enforcing the fines, as word would quickly get around if anglers were getting fined £1000.

had an email back saying they would look into it.

didnt hear anything else back.

maybe if we told them people were watching football on the beaches using unlicenced tellys they would be interested ( see eltons thread on non fishing chat )

Phill might remember the campaign i got going a few years back on the "other forum"

i produced a leaflet pointing out that litter is spoiling the beaches for everyone & its a danger to people & wild life. also, as some of the beaches are private, it could result in beaches being closed to anglers.

i gave a copy to every tackle shop from lyme regis to portland asking them to display it. well i've never seen it on show, so that was a waste of effort.

i also contacted dorset council asking for prominent anti litter notices at all the chesil venues & suggesting enforcing the fines, as word would quickly get around if anglers were getting fined £1000.

had an email back saying they would look into it.

didnt hear anything else back.

maybe if we told them people were watching football on the beaches using unlicenced tellys they would be interested ( see eltons thread on non fishing chat )

i fished chesil at bexington last week. the beach was packed with people.

mostly it was large familys having bbq's and cracking off mackerel feathers.

also, there was people swimming... [idiots].

around 2000, most people had left the beach.

on the walk back to the car at 2300, i walked pst 12 to 15 diposable barbies, hundreds of tinnies and carrier bags.

i picked up a bin liner full of rubbish myself and that was with all my gear and a long walk.

some people treat nature and the enviroment as there personal [rubbish dump].

[slightly edited by John S]

• 2 weeks later...

Still very slow - fished over Sat / Sun - Even the Mackeral seemed almost elusive!!!

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

Giving a go tonite!!!!!!!

Hope luck has changed.............

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

Just thought I would resurrect our listing before it dissapears into the sunset.

Met bloke the other day at charmouth, infact have met him twice, first time he was fishing with worm and catching pouting of the wall, he was a beginer and in his first year sea angling.

I was fishing large baits close in and we chatted away.

Next time we met he had given up on worm and was fishing large macky bait close in and was rewarded with a 9lb Bass :rolleyes:

As yet i have not mad contact with the bass this year but will keep on trying, mind you had a 7-1/2 conger the other night but that was off blueanchor at minehead.

Anyway back to charmouth this sunday and try for the elusive bass once again.

Till then tight lines

PhilC

Ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes! Never ask a question and be a fool for life! .

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.

Hi folks

Anyway back to charmouth this sunday and try for the elusive bass once again.

Till then tight lines

PhilC

What time you going? I'll give you a wave!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com