ABBOTSBURY - At Its VERY Best!!!!!!

MainBassMan

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will look out for van. am off to charmouth in a minute to catch a bass :rolleyes::D [/QB]

Did you catch one?? :)

Just got back to Bristol, and am floating on air :cool:

Fished bex last night 3 Bass 2 @ 4Lb & 1 @ 6lb, nice high tides, best night I have ever had :)

Next week will be my last down there till next year :( I notice the tides are realy low but will still give it go, may see you around, I will be at Char on Sunday, and bex for the rest of the week.

Tight lines

Phil

Ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes! Never ask a question and be a fool for life! .

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.

what a result phil. there was john storey, fear the hands & i at burton bradstock last nite, well into dark & we only had 1 poor cod between us.

nothing at charmouth on sunday, one angler had been there since 4am & not even had a knock.

last nite we had lug, rag, squid & mackerell fish for bait & it were mostly crabbed off.

still, lovely evening with good company & to quote rex, " i guess in the end,thats why we all go fishing"

anyone want to buy all my fishing gear ? :rolleyes:

MainBassMan:

MainBassMan:

did you put them all back?

Yes 20 returned unhurt!!!
There's no point in putting gars back, half their scales will have come off when you unhooked them. There's no harm in keeping them, they make excellent bait, as you well know.

With regard to mullet, they will take big lumps of fish, my mate had one run off with half a mackerel he'd thrown over the side of his marina mooring last week, and Alderneybassman's had them on fillets freelined for bass. They also catch big ones on large ragworm baits intended for sole at night in the depths of winter.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

There's every point in putting them back!! I can usually do it without touching them, as with Mackerel I dont need. I only keep them if they are too badly hooked in their beak, but they do make quite good bait and they make excellent eating too.

Dan

[ 27. September 2005, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Dan ]

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

:D MON 3rd-Tues 4th - 40 PLUS FISH - 6 SPECIES!!!!! Goooood fun ...... Friday 7th hoping 4 another good dipping!!! :D
BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!