Fishing TV

Ken L

I used to watch Jack Hargreaves and his Out Of Town series, to me he was a God of outdoor pursuits, at the time I thought that they were all about angling but after getting the DVD sets I see that very little of his programmes were actually about fishing!

I got his box sets off ebay and as you say there's not much fishing on them but there still better viewing than what you get on the box now. I think there's only a a selection of his programes in the box sets so there's no doubt plenty about fishing wev'e not got.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good old Jack eh, such an innocent approach to television, no commercial undertones with him.

I think John Wilson is about as close as we could ever get to Jack.

Can't ever remember him with his own range of go faster fishing tackle eh

Ever thought of making your own short fishing films?

With the advent of streamed Internet video, and the huge number of anglers who are now online......why not?

I take the greatest of pleasure from watching little snippets of guys angling, on the likes of youtube etc. The fact that it isn't the greatest of cinematography makes no odds to me. It seems so much more real.

I'm game if any of you boys are.

Whilst I can't promise another 'Passion for Angling', it should be a formality to do ten minutes (edited) on big Perch (2.5-3lb+), lives, rigs, hooking up, playing a fish, netting......maybe a bit more underwater stuff, for instance.

Any more for any more? :D

PS. Del Boy Trotter (Elton) will be all over this thread when he sees it. ;)

I've been watching for a couple of months when I can, and before christmas it was 24/7 for several months on RTex.

'09 looks a bit lean so far though....nothing any all realtime, or realtime extra except on the weekends, which is when I work the most :angry:

Agree with what alot have said on here, you cant beat Passion for Angling for a bit of quintessential British.....always makes me want to sit down with a cup of tea, a few cucumber sandwiches and a slice of cake! :)

Other than that I really like that french-canadian bloke on The Fishing Adventurer with his little blow up dinghy, except for the fact that he seems to play a fish out, just gets it to the boat and wrestles with every 'kin fish he catches......not very fishy friendly.

Cheers,

Frags.

PS, I could do a angling show for Discovery.... oh wait, Charlie Dymock has already done it...its called great river walks! :rolleyes:

I've been watching for a couple of months when I can, and before christmas it was 24/7 for several months on RTex.

'09 looks a bit lean so far though....nothing any all realtime, or realtime extra except on the weekends, which is when I work the most :angry:

Agree with what alot have said on here, you cant beat Passion for Angling for a bit of quintessential British.....always makes me want to sit down with a cup of tea, a few cucumber sandwiches and a slice of cake! :)

Other than that I really like that french-canadian bloke on The Fishing Adventurer with his little blow up dinghy, except for the fact that he seems to play a fish out, just gets it to the boat and wrestles with every 'kin fish he catches......not very fishy friendly.

Cheers,

Frags.

PS, I could do a angling show for Discovery.... oh wait, Charlie Dymock has already done it...its called great river walks! :rolleyes:

Discovery havent just stopped commissioning for 2008 they have stopped per se.

The only place where you can get brand new fishing tv programmes made by anglers for anglers is at www.onlinefishing.tv I appreciate that this will need a change of mindset to watch online rather than on telly, but its a future plan to move to a tv channel, if, the online version is successful.

but at the end of the day if you want new programmes, that dont feature a daft geordie actor, then onlinefishing.tv is a quality alternative ;)

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

With the advent of streamed Internet video, and the huge number of anglers who are now online......why not?

I was just thinking the same last night, and as I've been in the broadcast video industry for 20 years or so, if you need an assistant editor...

Geoff

I'm game if any of you boys are

Any more for any more? :D

I am so game tis unbelievable, just need to buy a video camera now!! :camera:

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

Whilst I've always been critical of nearly all Angling TV, the chance to try and make something good is too good to pass up on, I have certain skills and access to any equipment we might need :)