Lure boxes -

Vagabond

Plano boxes do last well.One tip is to try and find a tool shop that sells Plano "tool" boxs.Exactly the same as the tackle boxs (even the number code) but different colours......and a lot cheaper! Honestly take a look.

Should have told me you were going out Choke Canyon way Dave I could have put you on to a bit of Alligator Gar fishing.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sorta figured that tackle box was oversize for the way you fish Dave. :D

Just though I'd throw it in for fun and it IS an outstanding box if it fits your style of fishing as it does mine.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just ordered my self Wychwood Lugger Lure Bag ( http://www.tackleuk.co.uk/wychwood-lugger-...-bag-p-485.html )

Blimey !

How much does it weigh?

"Lugger" just about rhymes with my thoughts on yomping that for a mile or two along the Upper Medway whilst roving for preds.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Why not just get a decent bum bag, put hook covers on and put them in the bum bag. When I go trotting I use a fladan bum/belt bag for my floats, hooks,camera etc and it would be ideal to put lures in for roaving, it has a few pockets. I wouldn't want to be humping a big box about with me.

HPIM0998.jpg

the bucket method

and b an q do these in two sizes for a tenner and 20 quid respectivly the amaller one takes baita to sixincehes in length nicley and the larger will comfor table fit the 12 inch balzer pike into it

HPIM1000.jpg

and te smaller boxes ive no pics of the larger one yet but im happy with it ive had the smaller one for six years or so now

HPIM2126.jpg

some come with the bottom boxes some have the ones at the top extra boxes can be bought at hobby craft or asda for a couple of quid each

Why not just get a decent bum bag, put hook covers on and put them in the bum bag.

I suppose it is the fly-fisher in me, I like to look at several lures side by side in a box when pondering my next choice of lure. I am making a change, I have thought about why, and what I think I want next, but the sight of other lures might just jog a memory and lead to a better choice.

Having the lures loose in a bag means 1. Every so often a diving vane gets damaged. 2. Hook bonnets do sometimes come off - and if you are not expecting that and groping into the recesses of the bag...... and 3 The lure you think you want is always at the bottom !

I wouldn't want to be humping a big box about with me.
Well, right, thats why I like smallish boxes. Mobility is the essence of how I lure-fish rivers.

Its a trade-off between having a decent selection to choose from and carrying too much.

Thought. Supposing some else followed respectfully behind, carrying a couple of huge lugger bags? Now what about that offer of yours to ghillie for me? :)

RNLI Governor

the bucket method

Apart from a bird on each arm, I can't think of a bigger handicap to roving a small stream. :)

The little boxes are fine though - but I wouldn't take more than two.

RNLI Governor

Apart from a bird on each arm,

Just in case anyone misunderstood :)

.....and Tigger, this is what I really mean about travelling light - look at the RH lapel of the jacket - I couldn't even afford a fly box in those days, elderly gentlemen used to stick flies in their hats, but I couldn't afford one of those either.

resizewizard1it4.jpg

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

I use a Wychwood lure bag which has removable boxes so you can take some out if you know your not going to use them and have enough room for lunch etc.

Usually though I'll take the lure bag and a rucksack for unhooking mat, scales, deads for wobbling etc..still light enough to move around with ease

I've got the bucket for my larger jerkbaits etc. but I also have the Wychwood Lure Lugger for my smaller lures. I found that Shakespeare do boxes that fit the Lure Lugger and the rest of the Wychwood range perfectly. The dimensions of the boxes are identical so when you fill your Lure lugger or whatever bag you have, you can pick and choose what boxes you require for you day's outing. Naturally there no point in taking all your deep-water lures with you when you're fishing a shallow bay so as long as you keep lures of a similar ilk in their chosen boxes, you can take whatever boxes you need. The Lure Lugger only takes 6 or 7 boxes? but I now have at least 10 boxes to choose from for whatever is required for that day's session.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...