Get rid of the Gudgeon ....!

craynerd

I have been recently fishing in a stocked fishery and as i have only one carp rod yet and I got a 2 rod pass i decided to chuck in my match rod with the waggler for a bit and see what i could pull out. I`ve been to the lodge before and know there are a few nice fish in there, roach, bream ect...but on this occasion i couldnt do anything to stop pulling out gudgeon. I was catching on every cast, each being about 5-10cm and i just couldnt stop them. I tried heavier feeding, ground bait, pellet. I was already fishing off the bottom but i tried to change my deapth and also add weight nearer the bottom so my bait would get through them quicker. Nothing worked.

In the end i moved pegs, was there for about 45mins, got about 15-20 gudgeon and about 3 small roach!

Can you think of anything else i could have done ?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Put a gudgeon on the hook and see what happens; assuming live baiting is allowed. Otherwise big baits, pellets or boilies.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

craynerd ,hi its all too easy for the unwary to

fall into the clutches of the mighty gudgeon,they

are most devious of fish,they're a bit like ants

they think and act as one comunity with a single

goal to FEED,they're clever as they will herd one

or two roach etc slightly bigger than themselfs

into a swim so the unsuspecting angler catches one then starts feeding hoping to catch a few roach lulling him into a false sence of security then just like ants they swarm in for the kill it doesn't matter what depth you fish or what type of rig you use they'll get you!and the more

you feed the more they gorge themselfs bringing in more and more of them into your swim.i don't

think that theres a bait they won't try to eat!

the only way to get rid of them is to try and attract perch into your swim by feeding chopped worms but the gudgeon like chopped worms!as well!

i love the mighty gudgeon,well you have to rearly

my local canal is chocka-block full of them,well

it seems that way some days!!.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Craynerd

a few weeks back you posted a thread asking how to just get a bite as you were having a bit of a struggle. :(

Now your whinging that you are getting to many bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

You just cant please some people :rolleyes:

Gudgeon can be little demon somedays but I bet you would prefer to catch a few rather than ghost (blank)

Just remember we are only just into spring with frosty not far behind us.

When the weather gets :cool: the bigger fish you crave will be easier to catch.

Just be patient and put up with the tiddlers, hungry Tench, Carp and bream will soon be on the cards in numbers :D

[ 16. March 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Indeed, I've been fishing twice in the last 2 weeks and caught and then lost a whole minnow. When i've been down at a club make that I know has tons of gudgeon, small rudd and roach I love to catch them :)

As others have said, be thankful you are catching :)

James

Yea sure, i know i know, be thankful i`m catching...!! its just a bit annoying, where i was i literally mean i was casting in and half the time the float didnt even have chance to cock and i was onto one!

Anyways...changed my tacktics today...2 nice big fat boilies on a hair stopped them annoying me today! :D .....yep carping...uppps wrong forum!!!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Craynerd

wait until summer when every small gudgeon, rudd, roach, skimmer and perch attack any bait possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!