Portugal for the hols on the 15th

10 brownie points

Fished at Villamoura (spelling!) harbour two years ago and got plenty of mullet ot floated bread and multihook tactics,not very sporting but very effective I can tell you.

One of the local chaps was catching large gars on floated fish strip 6lb line and hook size about a No6.

Do not eat the mullet cos they were feeding off a sewer outfall!

Hope this helps and have a good hol

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hiya, I was at Glasgow Angling today and a chap asked about fishing there as well, I eariwigged,get a baguette, about 20-30 small hooks, tied to the baguette, throw it in(connected to a handline)and let the tide take it out a wee bit, obviously got to be done on an ebb tide. Seemingly its a killer method, and I have seen it done in Corfu,by local chaps.

As has been said, have a great holiday,and remember my duty free. :D:rolleyes::D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Was shown how to make up the rig by a local on Rhodes island.Get about one doz No12 hooks and tie up a trace with the hooks tied about two inches apart and tie the top end of the trace to a medium size clear bubble float. Take the said baguette and snap off a piece the size of your fist.break open one side and invert it on itself so the soft cetre is now on the outside.put the first bottom hook into the bread and then just keep wrapping the trace onto the bread. Whop it out and wait for fireworks! You can also put tippex onto each hook cos as they come adrift from the bread they just look like tiny particles themselves. Would take a bait catapult to loose feed as well. No need to strike,they hook themselves. The only downer is the tangles you tend to get in the trace. If there are gulls in the area it is a non starter,just switch to ledger gear using the same trace.

Actually caught a good snapper using this method in Cyprus

Tight lines

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Have heard about this method many times but I can't believe that anyone would get any real pleasure out of it, especially on a handline...

Surely it's just a method of taking fish for the pot....why not target the mullet using light tackle methods as we do here in the UK.

Have fished for mullet in the Algarve at Faro, Villamoura, Lagos and at a lovely town called Tavires, this place is an old fishing town with a river running through it. We seen hundreds of big(4-5lb. ) mullet there but when we returned to fish it they were all gone and we ended up catching many smaller ones, biggest around a pound,

Jim.

If you're interested in sharking, a couple of brits run shark fishing trips from portimao, just next to alvor. Private mail me and I'll give you their details, in fact I was in alvor last night having a drink with them. I'm a long way from alvor, about 1.25 hours drive, but there are a few big game charter boats along the coast. We haven't seen any marlin yet, but the water temp is just starting to get high enough, so may have a bash this saturday, just for our own fun.

We've had a couple of mako and quite a few blues now, so the sharking ought to be good.

Most of the estuaries have large mullet, normal uk methods work well, specially if you put in a bit of groundbait.