how to save money

peterpikefisher

got this in an email. ;)

THIS GUY MAKES A GOOD POINT

This was written by a rig worker in North Sea - he makes a lot of sense!

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their backsides drinking alcohol and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a welfare cheque? Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.

Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK and soon!

Graham & Alex

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a very good point.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

If you consider than buying illegal drugs often funds both terrorism and organised crime, including child prostitution, then why aren't those found guilty of purchasing illegal drugs treated as the criminals that they are? Percentage of wealth/income fine (as indeed all fines should be), and a criminal record.

Geoff

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

We have the same situation here in the States. My wife works for a dentist that accepts Medicaid patients and is sometimes infuriated when people who own expensive cars and homes come in and take advantage of the system, which they obviously have found a way to cheat.

Your quote reminds me of my uncle's motto. He's a Repo Man, and has repossessed thousands of vehicles for banks over the years. His motto? "We put people back on their feet." :lol:

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

His urine test is to ensure he's in a fit state to work in a hazardous enviornment, so It doesn't seem like a particularly relevant point to me.

I was expecting a punchline (e.g. "taking the ****"), but it never came... :D

p.s. I think the first time I read this, the author was a construction worker, but he does seem to have followed a variety of professions...

If you consider than buying illegal drugs often funds both terrorism and organised crime, including child prostitution, then why aren't those found guilty of purchasing illegal drugs treated as the criminals that they are? Percentage of wealth/income fine (as indeed all fines should be), and a criminal record.
I'd ask why such substances aren't taxed and controlled in the same way as alcohol and tobacco. Why are governments prepared to allow those substances to be distributed by organised crime and terrorists? I get a bit fed up with the 'my drug good, your drug bad' argument myself.

Your mate that works on the rigs would also find himself out of work pretty damn fast if he was found to be under the influence of alcohol, whether on duty or not.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

p.s. I think the first time I read this, the author was a construction worker, but he does seem to have followed a variety of professions...

I did think it had the ring of propaganda rather than a hard working riggers opinions........

Guest Brumagem Phil

A very blinkered view.

The majority of drug takers are addicts. The dealers get rich because most cannot get off the drugs they got addicted to.

I have a grump with the war in Afghanistan. We fight some paper enemy which in all reality is of little danger to us as Britons, yet allow the country to kill thosands of our citizens and cost us millions in healthcare and other costs by letting opium grow freely in the fields.