Article 47

Snatcher

Someone asked that question of Defra recently. Their answer was along the lines of restrictions being on anglers' catch, regardless of whether they release the fish or not.

Well that would be totally bloody silly, and downright unenforceable!

I can understand bag limits (kill limits) for specific species if under threat, or enforced release at certain times of the year when they come in to breed, but a catch (not kill) quota would be ludicrous.

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge

Bass fishing in our district is changing dramatically, (our district being the Humber to the Tyne). there has to be changes made to establish a good fishery for both commercial and recreational fishermen before it’s too late.

We (NESFC) have just introduced another by-law to try and steam the trawling activity along with fix netting restrictions at flambourgh head, an area that has seen a big increase of bass in recent years.

It’s not a dramatic change but it’s a start. Was talking to kayak fishermen at sea this week and there where reports of them (angling) getting up towards 30 fish on a good session.

Let’s hope that this new fishery can be managed and become beneficial to all in the coming years.

it’s a relatively new fishery that if managed should be beneficial to all, so changes look as if there are going to be proposed to make this fishery viable, these changes will effect both commercial and recreational anglers.

I have read a few of the proposals that are being kicked about at a very early stage, and they seam very reasonable to me, it’s a opportunity to try and stabilize a new fishery (in this part of the world) lets just see what the reaction is from all stakeholders.

It could be very interesting.

Let’s hope that this new fishery can be managed and become beneficial to all in the coming years.

Hello Challenge

It will be interesting to see whether managment will make a difference, I suspect not, only time will tell.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Challenge

It will be interesting to see whether managment will make a difference, I suspect not, only time will tell.

Well, it's been quoted here that kayak anglers are getting 30+ per session. If they're not getting 40+ in a year or two, we'll know that interference doesn't work ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Eeek!!! :o

Fishery, managed, and beneficial to all, just don't seem to go together, somehow.

Fishery, managed, and beneficial to fisheries managers, maybe? :lol:

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge

Wurzel.

I hope that it hasn’t been left too late.

Steve.

It will be interesting to see if recreational and commercial interests can be met. Commercial fishermen have put forward proposals for this fishery and already a buy-law is in place through there recommendations. There is recreational issues that are to be addressed but as yet have had know proposals from any angling bodies.

[ Commercial fishermen have put forward proposals for this fishery and already a buy-law is in place through there recommendations.

Could you enlighten us on what that by law is.

I fish to live and live to fish.