Article 47

Snatcher

I dont really care what their Policy is Barry. I havent got that much time for politiceans. I am just Joe Average who likes to go about his own business never giving a thought to beaurocrats in Brussels - Im sure theres many more like me out there. I dont think I ever voted in an Eu election before.

Recently the EU decided it would involve itself in my life and the lives of many thousands (Maybe millions) of people like me. The EU Article 47 threatens to take away our ancient rights. Up until this time I never took any notice of the Eu or who was standing for election in my area - I just wasnt interested. All of a sudden I feel the need to vote UKIP. It might make no difference whatsoever. But I wonder how many more people have been awoken in the same way by these meddling bureaucrats from Brussels ? I hope it costs them.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iceland had natural resources with a much greater national economic impact per head of population to worry about when they decided to stay independant

Cleeclive

iceland will be part of the EU within 18 months.you could say they have had a "change of mind".

I like the idea of the 'Does this answer the question above' button at the side :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

After reading some of this thread I thought I would fire off a few [6 in total] emails to my local East of England MEPs.

So far I've had 2 replies, 1 by return email and 1 by snail mail. I sent my emails on the 4th Feb.

Both I am happy to say are against the proposals and have assured me they will be voting against Article 47.

It will be interesting to see if any others reply to me

After reading some of this thread I thought I would fire off a few [6 in total] emails to my local East of England MEPs.

So far I've had 2 replies, 1 by return email and 1 by snail mail. I sent my emails on the 4th Feb.

Both I am happy to say are against the proposals and have assured me they will be voting against Article 47.

It will be interesting to see if any others reply to me

It will be even more interesting to hear what they all have to say if Article 47 goes ahead unchanged. Some even think this to be distinct possibility.

Article 47 may have unleashed a monster that has learned to stick up for itself. It may be a good idea to think the unthinkable and begin to work towards getting the very best out of the opportunity.

There again somebody may have already suggested that here already.

Ryford

Breath of fresh air or is an election looming. :)

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...L_ANGLERS_.html

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

10 Feb 09 - From a speech today by Jo Borg Member of the European Commission - Responsible for Fisheries and Maritime Affairs

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction...;guiLanguage=en

Before I come to the end of my intervention let me say a few words about our proposal to reform the way we control fisheries activities in the future.

The most famous words contained in our proposal must be the words "recreational fishing". In some Member States our proposals in this regard have been misinterpreted alarming citizens that the Commission wants to start controlling millions of hobby anglers and impose quota restrictions on them. This would obviously be a crazy thing to do, and it is therefore not at all our intention to implement such a ludicrous system. Let me make clear once and for all that the hobby angler who catches a few kilos of fish every time he goes out fishing and uses it for his private consumption, will not be covered by the control regulation, even if he catches fish like cod which is under a recovery plan.

There are however facts and figures in abundance that show that certain forms of so called recreational fishing have a dangerously considerable impact on certain vulnerable fish stock. We cannot just keep restricting severely professional fishing on those stocks but give the recreational fishermen a free ride. They have to contribute as well to the conservation effort. It is with this balance in mind that the Commission will approach the issue in the context of negotiations.

We look forward to working with you on this question, on the whole control regulation and of course also on the reform of our policy. In any event, I know that we at the Commission can always rely on the Parliament to stimulate and support us in improving the lot of Europe's citizens.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon,

I'm not shooting the messenger here, but that quote is about as confusing as you can get. It clarifies nothing. If they'd specified the term "certain forms", then it may have been a bit clearer.

Also, "There are however facts and figures in abundance that show that certain forms of so called recreational fishing have a dangerously considerable impact on certain vulnerable fish stock" - these must be the facts and figures that nobody can quite lay their hands on, when needed :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Leon,

I'm not shooting the messenger here, but that quote is about as confusing as you can get. It clarifies nothing. If they'd specified the term "certain forms", then it may have been a bit clearer.

Agreed Elton.

If I was a Whitby charter boat skipper, I wouldn't be sighing with relief just yet :(

Leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust