gps course

predator1

They are not complicated Pete (Well my combined Lowrance GPS/sonar isn't).

Once fitted you could be working with my one within a couple of minutes with just the manual.

Just press a button twice and you have marked a waypoint (Say your harbour entrance). Steam out to were you want to go and do the same again and you have a route marked out. You will also know how fast and what direction you are travelling or drifting etc.

Bob

[ 01. July 2005, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Bob on Stronsay ]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

predator1:

after a coment from someone on here that i shouldn't be near a boat i dont think i will be posting anymore help ideas

Don't let an idiot get to you, I don't know or care who it was but there will always be one somewhere. Ignore it, and please keep posting ideas, I'd like to hear them anyway.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Guest sandpipper

Predator, where do you live mate im in southampton if your anywhere near me give me a shout and you can come and have a play with mine, or i`ll show you how it works no matter how long it takes they are so simple if you can work a tv remote you use one of these. Tony

predator1:

after a coment from someone on here that i shouldn't be near a boat i dont think i will be posting anymore help ideas

I am new here, so don't really want to upset folk here too much :) but being generous I would guess that Toerag made a few assumptions about your level of experiance when replying and perhaps could have phrased things a bit better - but probably had good intentions - as I am sure you are aware it can be easy for folk to get themselves into trouble on the water.

For certain I will be asking lots of "dumb" help questions in the future, as having had a trawl through only part of this website I can see that my knowledge of the fishing side of things does pale somewhat compared to other folk here - even if in this thread I have a bit to contribute from just general "messing about in boats" for a few years (or so :) )

Sorry that I am too far away to help with the GPS in person.

predator1:

it was a post form someone called toerag but i dont give a s***t thanks lads for being supportive

Toerag by name....!!!!!! :D Still waiting for a reply on the post about Laptops not being any good for use on small boats...might be another member ...in disguise....

[ 01. July 2005, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Sounds like you got Toerag on a bad day. He's usually very informative and supportive.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk