gps course

predator1

There was no malice in Toerags comments. Being able to correctly relay those numbers over the VHF could well mean the difference between living and dying if things went seriously pear shaped.

I wouldnt take offence predator1, there's a great deal of quality, honest advice offered by the guys on here. :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevie cop

I agree.

I can't remember what words he used, but Toerag was right! Even if he was a little bit blunt. Let's look at what you wrote and what questions you asked.

First, you put a post up asking how far the Varne bank was from Folkestone, you gave the impression that you were a boat owner who wanted to fish the Varne after launching at Folkestone. To be honest, if you were thinking of fishing the Varne, you should know how far it is from your launch site. You should also know a whole host of other information about the mark.

When you said that you didn't know what Long and Lat was, you gave the impression that you were a complete novice, (as that is basic information), and as such you really shouldn't be thinking of going to places like the Varne.

So I can see where Toerag was coming from.