Tying Droppers

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Just received this in the mail - can anyone help?:

Hi, my name is Oliver and I have been trying to find out for ages the proper way of tying droppers to a fly fishing leader. If you can help me please e-mail me with the answer at <snip>

Cheers.

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

• 1 month later...
Guest baileyflies

This is the way to tie droppers, make sure that you leave at least 1.5ft of line on one end of the line. Just follow the link to the picture.

connect4free.net/home/arthurfox.../blood2knot.jpg

Also you could buy the tiny little rings (Available from sportfish) and tie your droppers onto these.

This is how i would make them up. Buy a knotless tapred leader and from the tip measure 3-4ft up the line and cut, attach both cut ends to a silver ring, from the ring measaure another 3ft and again cut and attach a silver ring. then just tie your droppers to the rings.

Hope this helps

Baileyflies