Breathable Waders

Guest Dry Fly

I find this kind of waders to be the best since sliced bread. I have used these kind of waders for 4 years now. Both for salmon and trout fishing and also along the coast.

I use neopren from 2- 8 C° and then i use my breathabels, with some kind of warm underwear like fleace. then when the temp is about 14°C I use some cotton underwear. It's like walking around in a light pair of pants. and theres no condensation. I cant but recomend using them.

best regards

janne

Sweden

Guest Nightwing

Once you get a pair, you will never go back to neopren or canvas. They are just that good. At least here in the U.S., the price is not really a factor, as you can get a pair for no more than a decent neoprene wader, I recently purchased a pair for less than $70 U.S., and the average is around $120. Look online to the U.S. based sites, and you will find them very reasonable.

Guest Dry Fly

Originally posted by Nightwing:

Once you get a pair, you will never go back to neopren or canvas. They are just that good. At least here in the U.S., the price is not really a factor, as you can get a pair for no more than a decent neoprene wader, I recently purchased a pair for less than $70 U.S., and the average is around $120. Look online to the U.S. based sites, and you will find them very reasonable.

Thanks for troubling to reply Nightwing

The price is a big issue in England - Simms outfit over 400 pounds sterling (nearly 600 US dollars)After your reply I'm very tempted

Thanks and tight lines

Guest Alan Roe

Nightwing could you possibly post a couple of the appropriate US site URLs please as it looks like we could save a fortune by dealing with them.

Cheers

Alan

Alan - There are a huge number of sites and some may discount more deeply but the two below are large and have been very reliable in my experience. Hopefully nightwing will surf back thru and may have some other personal favorites.

http://www.cabelas.com

and http://www.basspro-shops.com/

Also, if you want to get quick conversions from £ to $, or metric/english try

I think one big reason for the price difference in waders is that we use lots more of them. More hunting than fishing.

[This message has been edited by Newt (edited 22 December 2000).]

Guest Nightwing

The sites Newt listed are as good as any I have found also. Like Newt said, the number of U.S. sites offering fishing suplies is staggering. I just surf whenever I am lookingfor a particular item. I bought these particular waders localy, not online however. Mine are Hodgeman brand, and have served me very well for a season of trout, salmon, steelhead, and carp. Very tough, and extremely comfortable in warm weather.

Guest MikeConnor

Breathables are absolutely excellent, especially if you have much walking to do. I would not like to do without mine. I still use neoprenes ocassionaly, especially in the Baltic Sea in winter, but for everything else I use my breathables. I have a set from Sierra, which were not as expenasive as some models, and have proved excellent. I bought these at a Danish fly-fishing show, but a search on the web should turn up an address for you.

TL

MC