Our Tenth Birthday

Elton

Anglers Net 10 year old eh? Well I been a member for 6+plus years, gosh don't time fly by :lol:

A midlands bash in? Good idea Lyn but limited to night fishing in the area! :lol:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too far for us to attend but I do know that if I were gonna be there and the choice was fishing or talking about fishing, I'd prefer to wet a line and visitate when the fishing was slow.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

What a scary thought... I joined AN under the name Fatboy on January 3rd 2001.

I'd asked Elton about where I could find local tuition to help me manage fishing in a way which my then, extremely damaged, right hand could cope with.

Within 10 minutes I'd had an email reply telling me that Leon was on holiday and lived very close nearby and was fishing the following day.

I'd fished as a kid in Singapore when my father had done all the work and when in my 40's I decided I wanted to go fishing again and had been to the library and borrowed a few books. Then I went to a tackle shop in Gillingham and a then regular poster told me about AN, 'Check it out,it's a good place to learn - and a lot of laughs, too!' What a geat advert.

Thanks for everything Elton - you're a good man, indeed.

In reality, the list of people I need to thank from this site is very long, and sadly, too many are no longer with us. Especially Gerry Castles and Alan Taylor.

I feel the need to raise a glass in their direction and another couple for Elton and AN.

Thanks, mate.

Alan

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Newt - you could always organize one on your side and we could do one on our side on the same day - the only different in the time :lol:

See I told you lot he wasnt daft! I reckon thats a great idea! Newt,Severus,Hoppy and a few others could get together and get smashed and we could get together in the UK and "linkup" with them!!

I quite like Alans idea of raising a glass to our absent friends as well.A definate project for the Chuck Wagon Queen I reckon!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

There is a plan fermenting!!!! However I would appreciate it if any of our members who live in the West Midlands are could contact me.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

happy birthday on the 1st of may then where the party/BAR etc ,

btw got this litle snippet from the link elton posted

T-Shirts? Stickers? The Anglers' Net cuddly toy?!! :bigemo_harabe_net-163:
Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

I went on a camping rally to this place in near Oxford. It has a few 'carp puddles' and a stretch of the Oxford canal/River Cherwell, they run together by the farm. He has a hugh barn that has been turned into a games room and a rally field where we can all camp/bivvy up. It was very clean, nice, small family run site.

I am not sure if the canal is open out of season we would need to check. Details can be found here http://www.greenhill-leisure-park.co.uk

Elton you could bring the family, the girls would love it. Or what about Manor Farm, do they allow camping??

Keep the suggestions coming in :)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Within 10 minutes I'd had an email reply telling me that Leon was on holiday and lived very close nearby and was fishing the following day.

{snip}

Thanks for everything Elton - you're a good man, indeed.

Leon did all the hard work :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I was talking with the management an hour or so ago. 'Tabby' remembered me going to Yateley for a 'social' with the AN members who took an

entire lake for a weekend to fish and raise money for the Stoney and Friends Macmillan Nurses. The picture is of Alan Taylor and Ex-Pat Stu

She knew I made a firm friendship with Alan Taylor, amongst others, that weekend.

Wouldn't it be a nice way to celebrate 10 years of AN if we can get together in or own right one weekend to fish and raise some money for charity, possibly cancer related?

Lyn has pretty much said as much, but it would be nice to be able to make a donation in memory of AN members who have gone to join Izaak

'Tabby' reckoned it would be good to run somthing as a 'family' weekend bringing children along to give them a taste of fishing. I was uncertain

about the latter part, but on reflection she has a point - we at AN do have a significant number of young posters.

I know for certain that the quality of help available on here is of the highest order and the friendliness of the site is far higher and less 'factional' tan on other sites.

If anyone knows of a fishery in the Midlands area which would be willing to play host, AN have at least two willing helpers available.

post-1146-1232583089_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine