Redmire pool/ Carp society press release, very sad

Tony 1

Sad to think this could happen to a piece of our Angling heritage, at least the owners response seems positive. Cannot believe mention of discarded litter and bait

thecarpsociety.com/news/pages.p...ml?CAT=1&ID=149

Owners response

thecarpsociety.com/news/pages.p...ml?CAT=1&ID=151

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting pair of public letters.

... at least the owners response seems positive

Positive - yes. Responsive - not really

CS items in order:

- Auction problems & use of auction money from past years

- Toilet / hut facilities both limited and nasty

- Bailiffing nearly or completely absent

- Poaching rumors

Redmire chose to answer one (by saying it wasn't really a problem), to ignore the rest, and to answer things that weren't mentioned in the original letter (but to say, "well hey, you talked about em before. You did.")

- Communication: well oops. It was broke. We fixed it. (good idea to lead off with admission of a problem and one that has been 'fixed')

- Reservation confirmations: not broke.

- Toilets: They are clean. They have always been clean. (with no mention of adequacy or of the 'hut' part)

- Rats & Weed: well it isn't our fault and it's no worse than anywhere else but we are fixing it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Seems to me that this is a Carp Society matter, and airing the problems in public a strange action to take!

However, Redmire is a legend, even to those of us not caught by the unfathomable carp bug.

I wish those involved a happy outcome.

Peter wrote

quote:

Seems to me that this is a Carp Society matter, and airing the problems in public a strange action to take!

Peter, I think because it is so much part of our angling heritage it had to highlighted, I think the society would have come in for some stick if it suddenly appeared in the angling press that redmire was falling into disrepair whilst they had some association with it.

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

I think the society would have come in for some stick if it suddenly appeared in the angling press that redmire was falling into disrepair whilst they had some association with it. [/qb]

fishingwarehouse.co.uk/ubbthrea...5&o=186&fpart=1

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

I think it's a very sad affair. I couldn't give a monkeys (sorry Monkeyboy!) for the "carp scene", don't own a bivvy, wouldn't know a "lunker" if it smacked me between the eyes.

Yet I would LOVE to fish redmire for what it means to angling, not just carp fishing. For all the nostalgia, the history, from Dick Walker to Chris Yates and every other great angler who ever sat on their banks. I've worn out the Redmire episode on my Passion For Angling videos <insert another request for it on DVD here>. If I went, I think I'd take my Allcock's "gudgeon rod" :o )

Quite frankly, the magic is being removed because of this cr*p and also what happened in the 80's (which I admit to only knowing about vaguely). If this is the case, I for one would rather angling be stopped altogether on it for 10 years - give the place a break, let the people who manage it and the people who want to fish it have enough time to figure out what is best for the old place. Better that than it be ruined altogether.

Rant rant rant nonsense rant rant etc.

I also feel that this is a sad story.

I suspect it is a story that is mirrored on many local lakes and river banks. I really feel sad that only those with the money can experience such a water. I am glad to see that there is an economic value for fishing there because then it will be worth maintaining it. But what chance does a "part timer" such as myself get to visit such waters. The truely positive power of angling is that anyone with any tackle and any bait has a chance to land an outstanding fish. Doing anything that shuts the door to others makes me feel that it does not deserve to be maintained.

"Muddlin' along"

Spindle:

Yet I would LOVE to fish redmire for what it means to angling, not just carp fishing. For all the nostalgia, the history, from Dick Walker to Chris Yates and every other great angler who ever sat on their banks.

Why not try here.

I reckon it's the 'secret lake' in their series.

multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?clie...=500&height=310

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net