Some really sobering financial news

Newt

"We don't spend enough money educating our Children"

WE or rather you aint got any money to spend , and educate them for what ? To work in asda , or to feck off to some other country where they aint taxed to oblivion ?

The UK dosnt need educated people , it likes you just the way you are

In France they pay a damn sight more tax than you do here. French kids don't walk out of school as thick as two short planks at 16 with no hope of bugger all. In France you don't get bunny points for dropping 3 sprogs before your seventeen. If you do your parents will be paying for them not the bloody tax payer., It's not the tax we pay that's the problem it's where its spent. I can see we pay hight taxes, but I don't see the benefits.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take away the ridiculous amount of "choice" in the supermarkets (with 101 varieties of almost every food product you can think of) and also remove the "choice" of eating out-of-season fruit & veg from halfway around the globe, there's no reason why the UK needs to import so much food.

It's no coincidence that the health of the nation was in a far better state during WWII, when rationing ensured that people had better diets than many of them do these days.

Oi captain , do you still think I was wrong to call them idiots ?

i dont like to call anyone an idiot myself.i try and respect others point of view, even if i dont agree with it.

i do think that many of the general public in the uk, have been misled,and fooled for a long time.

you may agree, that when you are "watching from afar", it is sometimes easier to see things clearer.

You could of course go right back to the basics and blame all those greedy people that asked for, and got, an increase in their house price when sold. Asked for and got a second mortgage when the value went up (and spent it on holiays etc). Asked for, and got, more credit on their cards (and spent it on holidays etc).

None of it was real money.

This country has been living on credit/house values, for years and years, under successive govt's (Thatchers was the worst, she let the market loose)

I have to ask, would any of you have voted for restrictions on YOUR credit, or YOUR house value? Would you have voted for restrictions on YOUR wage increase?

"No way mate"

The pound is falling from an artificially high value (sustained by high interest rates) now that the bank rate is coming down to the same levels as other countries, and all the "investors/speculators" are selling it.

The "sort out" that is happening now would have happened at sometime, you cannot sustain any economy on borrowing and credit for ever.

Den

I think your right Den. I've never had a credit card in my life and never will. They last time I had credit was to buy my house in France. I had 70,000 euros saved in the bank. I needed 83,000. I borrowed the spare 13, 000. I got a loan that was fixed at around 5%, I cant remember the exact rate but the repayments were about 248 euros per month over 5 years. It wasn't secured on the property.

My hose may be worth less now than when I bought it, I'm not sure. It's irrelevant because I have no wish to sell it. It will be something I can leave for my children when I gone.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

My hose may be worth less now than when I bought it, I'm not sure. It's irrelevant because I have no wish to sell it. It will be something I can leave for my children when I gone.

Mine's worth loads and loads compared with what i bought it for. (ruddy capitalist)

I'm not, i'm going to flog mine to an insurance company or whoever, live in it for the preverbial and spend the money. My kids will do the same as i have done.

regards, nasty barry :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

"i dont like to call anyone an idiot myself.i try and respect others point of view, even if i dont agree with it.

i do think that many of the general public in the uk, have been misled,and fooled for a long time.

you may agree, that when you are "watching from afar", it is sometimes easier to see things clearer."

and still they do nothing but to moan how bad things are

If this downturn is global, yes i know america, japan,the eu are going through it. How come the uk untill very recently was rock solid with years of growth, appears to be in a worse situation when the pound is valued against other currencies. It's down the pan compared with the doller and the euro.

Please Mr brown i know the £ is worth a little more than zimbabwe's money but can you put some back into my pension fund to give me an option or get out as i certainly won't be able to live of the state one you kindly give out.

This really is an exact mirror of when they was last in power, anyone remembers, i do when they had to go cap in hand just like iceland recently for a hand out from the imf.

The way out. Call an election brown, that will put confidence back into the people who matter, you don't nor does your blue chip pension, you can have that as a goodbye.

See you lost out the other day on a vote to squirrel away the publics money regarding expences, welcome to the real world, looser.

The simple answer to that is we had bigger more gullible plonkers in charge of our banks. Not only that but they have still failed to disclose exactly what their losses were.

I hear what you all say about Brown but who ever was in government it would have gone the same way, these banks did not loose this money because of internal UK trading it was the world markets where they came unstuck, and what we have is dozens of Nick Leesons and the irony is we are paying for their cockups.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist