is no one catching or what????

Guest phil dean

Guest phil dean

had to post as no-one else has, is everyone having a good/bad season, any catches worth boasting about etc????

Guest Umber

Hi Phil

I know what you mean, looked on here quite a bit but no one seems to post much. Had mixed luck so far this season, The river I fish opened late due to F/M but I have been catching on a regular basis since then. Just come back from holiday in Yorkshire.Fishing at Boroughbridge I had the bad luck to stumble and broke my favourite rod. Luckily I had another rod so all was not lost, but its a sad loss. Umber.

Guest phil dean

Umber, did you fish near rippon at all, I understand that the trout and grayling have been lining up to be caught, i assume, as usual, that this info comes a few weeks too late to be of any help to you.

Tight Lines

phil

Guest Umber

Phil, The closest I fished to Ripon was Boroughbridge. Cant say they were lining up for me, had some trout from the weirpool along with some chub and grayling from a nice run close to the bank. Weed was a problem, the river looked low to me but not being a native I could not be sure. The local tackle shop was helpful on the waters but non comittal on things like what flies to use, such as "Well anything really".

Just had a reply from Hardy,s quoting £160.85 plus vat and carriage to repair my rod! I shall be scanning the ads for something I fancy. ATB. Umber.

Guest phil dean

If you get up this way, Hardy have a museum of fishing at Alnwick, well worth calling in to.

As to new tackle, the set I got from John Norris was pretty good, the site is www.johnnorris.co.uk, but ask for a catalogue 'cos the sites a nightmare to get round.

If you do use them I'm sure Elton would appreciate it if you told them where you got the address.

tight lines

phil