salmon in the tyne

Guest phil dean

Guest phil dean

One of the mosty pleasing sights in fishing, and always a wonder if you know how poluted the tyne used to be, a saw a fish leap from the water, directly under the tyne bridge,

wonderful, I do like to see it

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JOHN HEPWORTH

So do I, they will make a good food supply for the Tyne otters

------------------

JOHN HEPWORTH(CSG)

Guest phil dean

A creature I've yet to see,

I have had the pleasure of fishing the wear at Fatfield only to have a whiskered head appear in front of me a seal came up to inspect me.

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest NigelT

Phil,

Are sure it was'nt someone throwing something off the the Tyne bridge. Never seen a salmon jump that far down river, it's not ideal fly water you might just catch a Friday night reveller in the ear on your backcast.

Otters, nice creatures to see in the wild but they can decimate a stillwater fishery. Don't believe everything these 9 to 5 consevationists keep telling us about otters. There are plenty of them about if you know where to look and there not shy. I have seen a large dog otter in the middle of the day swimming up and down a lake not forty yards away from where I was fishing.

Guest phil dean

"Man seen throwing large fish off tyne bridge.....police looking for a man wish fishy fingers and a crap sense of humour, captain birds eye under investigation..."

I've seen them jumop as far down as the river mouth at shields, they tend to do it when there's a flush of fresh water, as there was on Wednesday when i reported it.

it's certainly not a common sight from our offices but others have seen it some distance from the bridges, great to see though

didn't plan to fish for them however, trying to explain why i'd scratched someone's merk with my viva wouldn't go down well.

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest phil dean

poke your head out of the window and look at the house, facing the school, with carpets and windows outside....HI

I'm at work at the moment, but watch out for the gold corsa (crap car) and I'll be in

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest NigelT

Phil,

Just further down the road from the witch!!

You might get a chance to see an otter at Oakbank. There was a one actually living on there a few years back.

Guest phil dean

I'm sure the term is Warlock, and yes, nice bloke i find, just got a new baby.

Looking forward to seeing otters, no matter what damage they do to fish stocks, they are meant to be in UK waters, it's the mink i have trouble with.

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY