Salmon return to the River Dove

Guest John S

You might like to check out this little item Posted Image

news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/englan...000/1623837.stm

------------------

John S

john@go-fishing.co.uk

ANMC Member - Get the best out of fishing, join today.

[This message has been edited by John S (edited 28 October 2001).]

If it does succeed and a sustainable population is produced, maybe we'll see similar schemes in other parts of the country.

Reading between the lines though, there is still a lot of work to be done to secure a thriving population, even though the fishery manager has worked for 20 years to get this far. I wish them well Posted Image

------------------

John S

john@go-fishing.co.uk

ANMC Member - Get the best out of fishing, join today.

Originally posted by John S:

If it does succeed and a sustainable population is produced, maybe we'll see similar schemes in other parts of the country.

John,

May I echo your thoughts entirely, with the caveat that it has to succeed. With the desperate situation of Atlantic salmon stocks in this country any news like this is a hope for the future and if it motivates other fishery managers to attempt a task of this magnitude, and it is a huge task, all for the better.

Did the fishery manager undertake the work on his own behalf? If so he should be commended for his unstinting devotion to a task, which must at some stage looked daunting.

Superb news for the future

Duncan