Need info

Guest elisabeth

Guest elisabeth

Hi guys.

I am at the moment writing a dissertation on fly fishing (am a 3rd year student) part of what i want to write about is fly fishing culture. and how it has evolved from the sports very beginning and up untill today. Do any of you know about the subject or know where i should look or who i should contact?

Any replies would be great

Guest phil dean

Do a search of old threads using the search facility on this page. Have a look for the profiles of spiderfan, nick in the north umber and alan roe, they've all been very helpful in the past with me and a direct e:mail (the address should be in the profile)may get you a faster response.

And if you do get a response from Nick, ask him how his fishing's going.

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest Steve Burke

I'd suggest you get hold of Dr.(now Prof) Barrie Rickard's book "Angling, Fundamental Principles". The ISBN ref is 0 85115 441 7. The first section is a very informative history of angling and in particular its evolution.

Guest Alan Roe

Another good source book is Falkus and Buller Freshwater fishing which is very good on the historical stuff.

If there is anything you need to know e-mail me direct and I will give you a contact number for me

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Colin Brett

Originally posted by elisabeth:

Hi guys.

I am at the moment writing a dissertation on fly fishing (am a 3rd year student) part of what i want to write about is fly fishing culture. and how it has evolved from the sports very beginning and up untill today. Do any of you know about the subject or know where i should look or who i should contact?

I would also suggest a visit to a fly fishing club to meet todays fly fishers. Try www.gwffa-grafham.co.uk for contact details

Colin

Guest Colin Brett

Originally posted by elisabeth:

Hi guys.

I would also suggest a visit to a fly fishing club to meet todays fly fishers. Try www.gwffa-grafham.co.uk for contact details

Colin