Name Change

Guest Elton

Guest Nightwing

Good deal Elton! I have not posted much here on the subject, as I did not think there was much interest here in it. Looks like maybe I was wrong. As Newt said, about 75% of all my fishing is done with the buggy whip, including a great deal for carp, pike, and such. Carp, in particular, are one of my favorite targets. Nothing like a 40lb carp on a 7wt, in the open water of Lake Michigan, to get the blood flowing!

I have taken over 1300 carp on my fly rod in the last 10 years or so, so I do have a bit of experience in this area.

Odd thing is, I was catching them on a fly rod long before I even thought to try with "conventional" tackle! About the opposite of what most people do.

For what it's worth, carp fishing with a fly rod is quickly growing in the U.S., our large, open waters with extensive ocean-like flats offer supreme sight fishing for them, and they are gaining a reputation here as a supreme fly target.

Nice to see, as traditionaly, as you may know, carp have had a very negative reputation over here.

Let me know it there is anything I can add, or help with, as far as gear, techniques, or so on.

Guest Steve Burke

Nightwing, how about writing some articles for Angler's Net on fly fishing? I'm sure some instructional ones on carp on the fly would go down a treat!

Guest Spiderfan

Elton,

I don't appear to be able to add to existing posts as they default to the 'old' game fishing forum.

I get an error, saying as such but I can't see how it can be changed?!?

Guest Mike Connor

Originally posted by Spiderfan:

Elton,

I don't appear to be able to add to existing posts as they default to the 'old' game fishing forum.

I get an error, saying as such but I can't see how it can be changed?!?

Had the same problem. Copy the original post, and submit with your reply as a new topic. Worked for me!

TL

MC