About Mike Conner (important to you all)

Guest Alan Taylor

Guest Alan Taylor

To all you fly fishermen/women and would be's.

Due to some some stupid remarks made on the Coarse section under the topic spring loaded hooks, page 2. You will all be very sorry to see that Mike will not be posting on these forums again.

Short pause here for you to get your breath back.

I for one think this will be a great loss to ALL of AN, not just this forum.

I also think that he is wrong to withdraw his input to AN even though his reasons are sound. Yes, I am selfish as my need for knowledge is insatiable, especially when it comes to fishing.

I don't know if it will do any good but your support might show him that he is and has been appreciated and that he will be sorely missed.

Please read the thread on the Coarse section, make up your own minds and if you will, make your feelings known to Mike without fueling the fires of anger associated with the other party involved.

My command of the English language is not as good as I would want in a situation like this but I think that you know what I mean.

All the best and thanks for your support.

Alan(nl)

Always a difficult one to call, as it is not my place to tell anyone how to lead their life, but...

It is inevitable that there are times on forums, newsgroups, mailing lists, etc., when emotions run high. Nowadays, I tend to avoid such things. I just don't have the time to get involved, or the inclination. You end up trying to convince people whose only aim in life is to wind you up - a "no win" situation. Also, things get read in the wrong vain and things get blown out of proportion.

Mike, you will be sorely missed, you know that. The fly fishing forum has been all but dead up until now. All of a sudden, people are taking an interest. Sheesh, they're even posting on the coarse forum to point people to your musings.

My opinion is that it is those people who will be affected most. They'll have lost a mate, an educator and a source of enjoyment.

Like I've said, it's up to the individual, but I, for one, would like to see more from Mike.

Tight lines,

Elton

Guest NickInTheNorth

For many years on many different forums / newsgroups / websites I have been reading what Mike has written.

I say with complete sincerity that taken as a whole I find his writings to be amongst the best on the internet, particularly with regard to fly fishing, but also with regard to fishing in general. They are a combination of good knowledge, good humour, excellent communication, and just downright interesting.

When it comes to matters of opinion and politics, rather than pure fishing, I have never seen him attack others opinions, rather he defends everyones right to their own opinion.

I do not pretend to speak for Mike, he is more than capable of doing that himself. But, from my observation, what he quite rightly appears to object to, and often his objection takes the form of withdrawing from the relevant forum, is people expressing their opinion as fact, often in ignorance.

Why can people not argue rationaly, and without insulting things they do not fully uderstand. Why not listen to informed opinion, and learn. Humble pie is not that foul a tasting dish.

I too hope that Mike will still frequent this forum, he may wish to leave the political infighting alone on the coarse forum, then again he may wish to leave AN alone altogether.

I'm sure that one day his writing will turn up again somewhere on-line. I for one will be very happy when that day arrives.

Hey Mike, don't stay away too long, you will be missed.

Regards

Nick

I tend to lurk rather than post on this forum, as although I do a bit of fluff flinging, I don't know nearly enough to make much of an informed comment.

Mike's contributions have certanly got me thinking (oh all right he's inspired me a bit too) about giving the fly rod a bash in the salt and if he decides to stick to his guns, I have to agree that he'll be missed.

Guest Cranfield

Mike and I have exchanged emails on this subject and ,like a lot of people , I hope he reconsiders.

There are a lot of readers of AN that do not post.

I know some of these people and they have been generous in their comments on Mikes posts, especially on the subject of fly fishing.

Hopefully ,he will reconsider.

Guest Colin Brett

Originally posted by Cranfield:

Mike and I have exchanged emails on this subject and ,like a lot of people , I hope he reconsiders.

There are a lot of readers of AN that do not post.

I know some of these people and they have been generous in their comments on Mikes posts, especially on the subject of fly fishing.

Hopefully ,he will reconsider.

Judging by the number of posts Mike has put out today, I think you could say he has reconsidered and is back with a vengeance!

By the way who is Mike Connor? Do we have a photo or a history of this most prolific poster?

Colin

Guest fisherman

So who has been a busy boy then Mike. It will take most of the night to get through that little lot. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Welcome back.

Dave

------------------

ANMC Founder Member

MC?

Do you realise how much you`re costing me!!

Your little poems multiplied by 20! OK! So I read them first, then give them out? But be a tad more responsible? Every poem is 20 for me? Please don`t shout?

I`m sure your full of wit and prose an` such? But we both know? All those lines of paper an` print is more than I can go!!

If I could by more lyric. Than a man within the crowd? Some cur would cry `there is no wit. He shouldn`t be allowed!`

Should I just say. `I`m glad you`re back` and read your recent peice?

For sure we`re glad you`ve stayed!! Enough of Fecking this!!

Mike? I can do more of this, but would get barred?

It`s nice to see you`ve stayed with us. Good sir you are a STAR!!

Paul.

Dear Mike?

Your prose dear man, my economy doth severly drain? No, more than that, I`ll add for that is something I can entertain.

The way you couch your verbs and nouns, far in excess of mine. Would make my feeble interlude. Seem more or less a whine?

Whilst, I a mortal working man, can never hope to meet. The way you sway your very lines.To my ears sound so sweet!

Mike?

Stop it now!! Before I sober up???

Paul.