Wanted - "loch Style" fly rod

Guest Phil

7 / 8 weight "loch style " fly rod wanted. Ideally 11 foot but will consider 10.5 foot.

Can anyone help ??

Prepared to pay upto £100 for the right tool.

Phil

If you can't get what you want for that price, you might take a look on http://www.cabelas.com in the fly rod section and the cabelas brand. They have their "spey" style rods from 11ft 6 wt up to 14ft 9 weight but the prices start start at around $170 USD.

Not positive but I think this may be the style you are after. Light weight "long cast" rods.

Guest Colin Brett

Originally posted by Phil:

7 / 8 weight "loch style " fly rod wanted. Ideally 11 foot but will consider 10.5 foot.

Can anyone help ??

Prepared to pay upto £100 for the right tool.

Phil

Buy yourself a copy of Trout & Salmon magazine, plenty of adverts in there for rods. I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't get a complete setup for £100.

Colin

Thanks Colin/Newt

Some nice 'tools' on the Cabelas site but a bit pricey for me. What I am looking for is quite specific and the one's I have seen (that I fancy anyway) are all £100+. There are some at circa. £80 but I was hoping for a second-hand @expensive' rod (e.g Greys or Loop) - maybe just wishful thinking that someone wouls just happen to have one of these surplus to requirements :-)

Regards,

Phil