I feel like buying a new rod...

Guest DerwentBob

Guest DerwentBob

After an abortive attempt about 15 years ago I am determined to take up fly-fishing this year. I have been learning to cast again using my old Shakespeare glass 9'6" Nymph International rod but as usual I feel I need a new rod to improve my confidence (at least thats what I tell the financial director Posted Image ).

I was looking at the Daiwa Whisker 10' PLG (AFTM 7/8 I think), would this be suitable for a beginner to fish from the bank on a reservoir and the occasional boat sesh?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Guest phil dean

Wrong person to speak really as I'm pretty useless, but I've had great success on the same style/make of rod in the 7/8 weight category, i think it's either 9' or 8' 6"

hope that helps

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

most 7/8 weighted rods should be ok derwentbob i started fly fishing last year and bought a bob church 7/8 rod and a weight forward 7/8 line to go with the 7/8 rod and it was fine then i bought a abu rod later on in the year not because the bob church wasn't any good just so i could have say a floating line on 1 rod and a sinking on the other but i'd say any rod with 7/8 weight should be ok good luck regards john :)