HELLO FROM AMERICA

DOUG DUVALL

Doug

If it's books your after then I can recomend two which you can get hold of. In no particular order 1st is "Matching the Hatch" by Pat O'Reilly on Swan Hill press. The other is John Goddard's Waterside Guide on Collins Willow. Hope these may help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi My Name is Chris - you can read my biog on line.

The first thing that should be pointed out is the , shall we say, social and historic differences between fishing a southern chalk stream and a northern or western spate water. There are some anglers from the past who could do both but most of the famous men like Oliver kite were chalk stream specalists. However, none of the river fishing is easy whilst some of the stillwaters, if they are well stocked, can be very reliable.

With regards to flies, thier history and use the best book I have found is 'A Dictionary of Trout Flies@ by A.Courtney Williams published by A&C Black ( first edition 1949). As you can see these are old patterns because I am a Traditionalist ( not a purist) - though I do use some modern patterns that take my fancy. There are too many waters in the UK to mention but leaving the south alone and looking West I would go for the USK, Dovey, Glaslyn and Dee in Wales and the Rivers of Cumbria and the Scotish borders like the Annan, Eden, Esk and Ettrick water.