Anyone done this before?

Snatcher

Had a walk down to the shore this morning to check out the sunrise. At the bottom of my street there are some decent rock pools which can produce a good reflective sunrise.Set up the tripod and waited.Eventually some awesome colours began to develop,a lovely mixture of yellows/pinks/reds.

I must have taken about 50 shots before I started losing the good light. Anyway just before I packed in I thought I would take a shot in RAW and Jpeg so I could make a start with RAW. Now back in the house found out where you can set the parameters for both.Well I went into the menu and I do not know why I done it - lack of concentration/stupidity/frozen fingers but I managed to format the memory card and lost all the images I had just taken :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Talk about learning by your mistakes I WILL NEVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN what a complete tosspot!!!!!! Can anyone else relate to this sad tale in any way??? Oh well,chin up John,there is always tomorrow

The Lunatic

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Had a walk down to the shore this morning to check out the sunrise. At the bottom of my street there are some decent rock pools which can produce a good reflective sunrise.Set up the tripod and waited.Eventually some awesome colurs began to develop,a lovely mixture of yellows/pinks/reds.

I must have taken about 50 shots before I started losing the good light. Anyway just before I packed in I thought I would take a shot in RAW and Jpeg so I could make a start with RAW. Now back in the house found out where you can set the parameters for both.Well I went into the menu and I do not know why I done it - lack of concentration/stupidity/frozen fingers but I managed to format the memory card and lost all the images I had just taken :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Talk about learning by your mistakes I WILL NEVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN what a complete tosspot!!!!!! Can anyone else relate to this sad tale in any way??? Oh well,chin up John,there is always tomorrow

The Lunatic

why dont you run a file recovery program on it. im guessing here but it might work on the same principle as a computer where its not actualy deleted until something is written over it.

download a good one i had one that corrupted all the deleted files. recovery was still possible but files were unreadable

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Nearly as bad as once when Danny and I travelled over 100 miles for him to take some shots that he had been planning for some time only to find upon arrival that he had forgotten to load his camera with a 4GB microdrive, and he had no spare CFs on him !!

No pictures that day !!

T*sspot indeed !!

Edited by LittleSusy

Had a walk down to the shore this morning to check out the sunrise. At the bottom of my street there are some decent rock pools which can produce a good reflective sunrise.Set up the tripod and waited.Eventually some awesome colours began to develop,a lovely mixture of yellows/pinks/reds.

The Lunatic

oow-er!!! did'nt the camera ask you "do you want to format, all date will be lost" I also have to press the comand dial > to move the cursor to 'Format yes', always thought it was a pain . . . not so sure now . . . :o a tough one, hope you can recover the data Snatcher?

SW

i could possibly beat this im afraid, i was in the studio doing a fashion/lingerie shoot. filled 2 cards up with images, 4 gb ones i believe. then when i got home was downloading the first one to my computer and it all went fine. then the next one something happened, i dunno why i did it at all, but i just pulled the card out of the reader without ejecting it, and lost the whole lot! half the pictures from that days shoot.. bugger! lol

so i know exactly how you feel.

and if you have formatted it, everything has gone, image recovery software cant do anything for it im afraid.

i could possibly beat this im afraid, i was in the studio doing a fashion/lingerie shoot. filled 2 cards up with images, 4 gb ones i believe. then when i got home was downloading the first one to my computer and it all went fine. then the next one something happened, i dunno why i did it at all, but i just pulled the card out of the reader without ejecting it, and lost the whole lot! half the pictures from that days shoot.. bugger! lol

so i know exactly how you feel.

and if you have formatted it, everything has gone, image recovery software cant do anything for it im afraid.

Welcome aboard Danny,the more the merrier :) Get yourself in for the monthly photo comps mate :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy