Wandle Fish Kill Photos

Elton

Thames Water Wipes Out 20 Years Of Painstaking River Restoration In One Day

Not nice viewing:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/river-wandle-fish-kill.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just hope that ALL the money from the fine gets put back to making the Wandle right again...

I don't see how the 'early' guilty plea should have been taken into account seeing as they failed to report it straight way and chose to 'deal' with it 'internally' first.... in my opinion another way of saying 'cover it up'.

The fine should have been doubled...IMHO

:angry:

Thames Water reported profits of £590m last year. £125,000 and £21,335 is a drop in the ocean. This sort of pollution should carry a big enough fine that shareholders see it on the bottom line and heads roll at the top. I'd open the bidding at 5% of profits.

Thames Water reported profits of £590m last year. £125,000 and £21,335 is a drop in the ocean. This sort of pollution should carry a big enough fine that shareholders see it on the bottom line and heads roll at the top. I'd open the bidding at 5% of profits.

I agree, unfortunately they'll just pass the cost of fines on to the 'customer' and to cap it all if we have two consecutive weeks of good weather they'll impose a hosepipe ban neatly sidestepping their mis-management of our resources.

The threat of a prison sentence might focus a few minds.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I agree, unfortunately they'll just pass the cost of fines on to the 'customer' and to cap it all if we have two consecutive weeks of good weather they'll impose a hosepipe ban neatly sidestepping their mis-management of our resources.

The threat of a prison sentence might focus a few minds.

Shockingly bad photos,

Fine should be a minimum £1mil.

And I agree it looks like they were going to hope no one noticed, at this the judge should be doubling the fine, not reducing it for pleading guilty early.

Typical of this country currently, we need to get some balls.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

The fines are pathetic. In this case it does at least sound like an accident. I remember Shell deliberately polluting the Mersey by flushing Venezuelan crude oil into the river rather than let it solidify in their pipework. They got a £1 million pound fine. This was a record fine but nothing compared to the £10 million it would have cost to replace the pipework. So guess what decision they will take if the incident happens again tommorrow?

The fines are pathetic. In this case it does at least sound like an accident. I remember Shell deliberately polluting the Mersey by flushing Venezuelan crude oil into the river rather than let it solidify in their pipework. They got a £1 million pound fine. This was a record fine but nothing compared to the £10 million it would have cost to replace the pipework. So guess what decision they will take if the incident happens again tommorrow?

Perfectly sums up what a joke our legal system can be at times. There should be a criminal prosecution against the perpetrators. And the fines should equate to the value of the clean up operation as well as costs of restoration at a bare minimum. These companies are forever making huge profits, if you start hitting those profits the shareholders will soon demand change. But our law makers are too scared to come down heavily on industry because they often rely on their support and backing at the time of an election. And yet that's not seen as corruption...

Rob

http://www.anglingwiki.com

Angling Wiki - the free online fishing encyclopaedia!