Stripping clip vs. line tray

JM

Hi folks, new member; here goes with my first post...

I know this has been raised before, & various alternatives suggested(plastic

buckets, etc) but has anyone actually used one of these stripping clips? The small

size & unobtrusiveness appeals to me, although I'm not quite sure how they

work; with every "strip" of line, do you have to clip the coil of line into

the spring, or what? This sounds too disruptive to me. Hope someone can

help,

Jim.

Keith,

Thanks for the advice; I'll be mostly wading but I'll be after pike so there will often be weedbeds around; I need something to alleviate the tangles but was really hoping for some advice on the stripping clip, which looks good but I can't see how it's meant to work.

Hi Jim,

Can't help with the clip as I've not seen it. I'd imagine you place coils, of a size to keep them out of the water, in the spring during the retrieve which are pulled out when the next cast is shot(?).

I use a Sparton Shovel when I need to keep the line out of water/undergrowth etc.

You won't win a fashion contest wearing one, but it does the job well with a lot more surface area than most others out there.