Removing Oxygenating Weed

welshfisherboy

I have terrible trouble with my pond! i have a pond 50x 20m, 2m deep, and 2 years ago i introduced (canadian) oxygenating weed, now it has taken over my pond, it takes up about 90& of the space!! how can i get rid of it without harming the fish (brown trout) someone told me that weed killer would do it! would this harm the fish! how much should I use!??

cheers

welshfisherboy:

I have terrible trouble with my pond! i have a pond 50x 20m, 2m deep, and 2 years ago i introduced (canadian) oxygenating weed, now it has taken over my pond, it takes up about 90& of the space!! how can i get rid of it without harming the fish (brown trout) someone told me that weed killer would do it! would this harm the fish! how much should I use!??

cheers

Get on there with a punt or boat and rake it out! We did this at a small estate lake a few years back. Hard work, but we never had anymore trouble with it. Get a sheet of ply to put on the boat and rake the weed onto that, you can then tip it on the bank.

Colin