what age ??????

10 brownie points

I have a son aged 7yrs and he caught his first mackerel a week and a half ago off the bridges of Ross on the Clare coast line.

Now he is talking to me about going out fly fishing is he to young ????????? :confused:

If so what is the ideal age to start fly fishing ??

If he's talking about it, then he's old enough.

Make sure he wears glasses to protect his eyes though.

Good luck & tight lines to the cub

Regards

Simon

Lewis from Limerick:

I have a son aged 7yrs and he caught his first mackerel a week and a half ago off the bridges of Ross on the Clare coast line.

Now he is talking to me about going out fly fishing is he to young ?????????    :confused:  

If so what is the ideal age to start fly fishing ??   :(

If you want him to really be an angler for the rest of his life turn him down for a year or so. Tell him, "No! You are too little!"

If he gets upset it's working. My grandad made me wait nearly 4 years.

If you start him off make sure he has a short light rod and #3/4 line 5or max5.5 ft rod. anything bigger will be too heavy for him to cast! I'd suggest you take him along and let him watch and tell him he can start when he is bigger.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..