Devon Fly Fishing

Jezza

I'm off to Devon for a few days - near Ilfracombe - and Mrs Jezza is allowing a day's fly fishing if I let her go horse riding. I'm new to the sport and have no tackle (spent all my money on carp gear) so will need to hire.

Does anyone know of a place where we can go to do both (horse riding and fishing) - or a good fishery where I can get some tuition and some sport at a fair price?

Any help appreciated.

Jezza

Amherst Lodge looks good for the fishing. Give them a ring and I'm sure they could probably point you at a local stable as well.

Failing that, Roddy Rae operates the Devon Fly-fishing and Guiding school, or Bryan Martin at Devon Fly Fishing SChool. The Exmoor School of Fly Fishing could also be a good place to try as there's loads of riding schools around Exmoor.

All these found on the first page of a http://www.google.co.uk search for 'devon fly fishing'. Another 2000 hits reported!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.