Charity Auction an open message from Les Webber.

Chris Goddard

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in writing to thank you for the cheques that you sent us. As I explained on the phone, we were running the ' Kiddies Corner ' at the South of England Angling Show, over the weekend, plus I am moving warehouses, giving me very little time to do anything.

I would like to thank you personally for organizing the charity auction.

Not being a computer ' boffin ' I wondered if you would be kind enough to put on the web - Anglers Net, a sincere thank you to Lyn Hurst, for recommending Angling Projects as the recipient of the proceeds.

Elton, for the use of his web page and everyone that took part and raised a staggering £467.75 A magnificent effort.

I can assure you that every penny received will be spent on the youngsters that visit the Centre each year. Some of these youngsters come to us with no fishing tackle at all. We always have rods, reels etc for them to use for the duration of their stay. The money received will enable us to replace all items lost or damaged

Thanking you all again

Regards

Les Webber

Angling Projects

Thank you from me too to all of you for your very kind donations!! In particular to "Steve Burke" who without whom a lot of this would never have happened!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))