Season's end

greg long

Well the seasons over now until february 15.

Had the last three days on Lough Owel, only got two on thursday. :( Friday and Saturday I blanked! :(:(:( For some reason the fish just dissapeared. The conditions weatherwise were very poor but even so I expected an average of 5 fish a day.

Now I'll have to have a pop at the Pike. Maybe i'll try a bit of 'Bow bashing at one or two of the Rainbow fisheries too. I think this has been the worst season for about 15 years between the rain we had until August, the wettest year in memory, and the lousy hatches of fly as a result.

But the fish seem to be in good condition though but not feeding up in the water but grubbing on the bottom.

There's always next year though :)

anglingireland.info

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Praise the Lord for Grayling!!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Already started on the grayling... had several with the best of them running to just shy of 2lbs.

A friend took a dace of about 3/4 lb on the fly from the same stretch too.

Going to have one last shot at Bewl before it closes too, then settle down to tie next years flies and 'gizzits' ready for March.

Tightlines all,

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!