float fishing for trout

craig mason

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont be such snobs u lot..I know a lot of flyfishermen reared on bait fishing who then graduated to the fly..

Craig,

Buy Trout fisherman and telephone all the trout fisheries in your area and ask..if not just go to your search engine and type in 'bait fishing for trout in derbyshire' one or two replies there may interest you..and then learn to flyfish for the trout,beleive me it is far superior..and if you get to float fish for them..fish coarse gear min.line 5lb,i use wagglers and size 10 hooks..u can go finer but not advisible if heavy fish about..and enjoy!!!

bobbyf - what you read wasn't snobbisness but was a reaction to a couple other posts by this craig mason person. Take a look at the bottom of page 1 and some of page 2 of This thread for particulars.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

newt i have now got a full licence to fish in 2003 witch covers me for coarse fish and non migatory trout starting in june :) but i still want to no were i can catch trout on the float on a catch and release basis in derbyshire a friend has recomended the river derwent around matlock/matlock bath area has anyone else caught trout in this area on the float

john wilson is god

craig - I saw the post where you'd gotten legal. Good for you. License may be a pain in the hindparts and all that but still a good idea. Some of the money will hopefully do something to benefit angling. If not, I always feel better having one and you may as well.

Can't help you much with a speific venue unless you are willing to travel a bit though. :) Hopefully someone else on here can. Good areas for me are about 1000 miles west of where I live or 700-800 miles north and you'd have to add another 3000 or so for the western ones. Northern ones would be closer by a little if you flew into New York.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President