I've Broken My Favourite Rod.........

Paul_D

:( I Snapped the tip off my Greyflex this morning on the Wharfe when my leader got snagged up on a Hawthorne tree.....Has anyone had to use the Greys Unconditional Lifetime replacement warranty? I hope they're good for their word...I know the Reddington warranty allows a dealer to swap one for one at his shop but I expect Greys will want the sorry remains posting to them..... Where did I put that warranty certificate....?? :(

Paul

my DEALER SWAPPED my top section for me.

But my pieces would come via the agent over here.

It's a nice rod too, and cheap for the warranty, to be honest I use the 11ft 5/6 for the boat and much preferr it to my sage, its great for connecting with the little (and big) b****ds

that come to the top dropper when the rod is behind you ready to roll the flies forward for the next cast.

anglingireland.info

Greg's Gallery

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

I spoke to the dealer I bought it from this afternoon who confirmed that I would need to send it up to Greys. He gave me the telephone number but their Customer Services had closed for the day at around 16:30ish...?? Anyhow, Geoff thought that I would probably have to cut up the entire section and send it off to them in a Jiffy bag for replacement...I suppose it stops any fraudulent claims but I'm not sure I like the idea of cutting up the rest of the rod section.

Paul

Tinca the cutting the section thing isn't unusual my Brother snapped the tip of his Sage (probably hit it with a weighted fly once too often!!)when playing a fish. The Sage rep that we contacted gave him the address and advised him to send the joint part of the broken section, to enable a new section to be sent that would fit the remaing section. The turnaround was very quick and there have been no problems with the rod since, so as long as Greys are as efficient as Sage there should be no problem.

I would be interested to know how things go, as I have just purchased a Greys rod to have a go for Bass next Summer and I'm not sure how it will survive the abuse of fishing from the beach!

I will let you know how it all goes.......

Paul

Posted the cut up top section on Tuesday afternoon and a new one was delivered today.....that's pretty impressive service. :)

Paul

Cranfield:

I have never had to use their warranty service (touch wood), its nice to know you have had a good experience.

I seem to break an average of 2 rods a year, It comes with the competition fishing, four flies, long leader, fish on the point,top dropper in the top eye, fish still out of reach heave the rod further back and... CRACK :(

I had a fish on last year about 6lbs on the point fly,couldn't get him within 4 feet of the net, eventually lost him, :( didn't shorten the cast, two minuites later another 6lb+ fish on the point... :D

you guessed it! :(:(:(

And they say you learn by your mistakes, I do the same thing regularly,fish to 3lb I can land but get a biggie and oh F***

anglingireland.info

Greg's Gallery

My New Project

[ 21. January 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: greg long ]

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..